Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so latly ive notice that when i bring my truck up around 3500 rpm... it seems to cut out,the motor has a hard time getting above 4000 and truck shakes a lil... like bad spark or summin.... i just got done changin out my spark plugs and the problem is still there... i do however have a problem with my cat... and i need to change that... so i dont know if maybe its cuz the motor isnt breathing right? or maybe its another problem, injectors maybe? i dont know.... HELP! haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is an amatuer guess. My moms car had a the same deal.(bmw 5 series) It turns out the cat really needed to be replaced it was all melted inside and wasn't really letting any air out. We also had to change the air meter.(don't know if that's the proper term, but it serves the purpose of a carb in a fuel injected car.)

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
reaperkitten said:
It May Be The Cat And Did U Do The Cap And Rotor To
the 4.7 doesn't have a cap, rotor or spark plug wires :biggthump

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I'd lean towards the cat being a problem...get that fixed then troubleshoot from there if you still have a problem.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
That's a damn good place to start. You get up to that rpm: lots of exhaust flowing, but not fast enough. The engine chokes. Start with the cat and troubleshoot from there.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
One way to check and see if its the cat clogged up is to remove the O2 sensor start it up and rev it. if the problem disappears or lessens a lot then the cat is clogged up. its gonna sound like the worlds biggest exhaust leak but if it revs then the cat is bad.
Rob

·
Registered
248 Posts
if the cat checks out look to the fuel pump... Mine did the same and the pump couldnot maintain pressure at higher rpm...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have you tried getting any trouble codes by turning the ignition "on" "off" "on" "off" "ON" ?

See what codes you get and do a yahoo search for it. Or I have a list of the codes if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts