Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it wasnt hooked up for anything, im guessing its for an aftermarket part, but what part lol.? The blue and black wires both run to grounds and the other to the fuse box i do believe?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks like a battery tender plug hard wired in.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
im gonna side with everyone else and say it looks like a battery tender wire.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Why the three wires though? Battery tender doesn't need three wire connection.

Regardless, if two of the wires go to ground, it can't do anything but charge or supply power to something.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
3,230 Posts
theres is a system you can get put on vehicles, usually ones that sit for long periods of time, that trickle charge the battery when it drops below a certain voltage.

www.batterytender.com

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
What does the blue wire lead to?

·
3,230 Posts
beats me. keep the wire handy and use it for a project some day? :huh:

·
3,230 Posts
oh i dont plan on getting rid of it lol. i just wanna know what i can do
with it,
i cant stand it not being hooked up to anything
well, i dont think theres anything out there with the same kind of plug. if it is infact for a battery tender, i think the wire that goes into the fuse block is gonna be hooked up to the stud thats a constant power wire coming from the battery.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i dont think theres anything out there with the same kind of plug. if it is infact for a battery tender, i think the wire that goes into the fuse block is gonna be hooked up to the stud thats a constant power wire coming from the battery.
aww bummer, guess ill just tuck it under everything so i dont have to look at
it

·
3,230 Posts
aww bummer, guess ill just tuck it under everything so i dont have to look at
it
i would just pull it out. one thing that bugs the shit outta me when i buy a truck is finding useless wires hangin out there. thats why im so obsessed with hookin up stuff with the factory wiring if its there.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i would just pull it out. one thing that bugs the shit outta me when i buy a truck is finding useless wires hangin out there. thats why im so obsessed with hookin up stuff with the factory wiring if its there.
guess i will do that then if it can only be used for that other thing

·
3,230 Posts
yeah, it keeps things cleaner, and also makes the truck easier to work on if need be. one thing i cant stand at work on the heavy equipment is having to root through 4 miles of wires that dont do anything anymore just to find out where i gotta start troubleshooting an electrical problem.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, it keeps things cleaner, and also makes the truck easier to work on if need be. one thing i cant stand at work on the heavy equipment is having to root through 4 miles of wires that dont do anything anymore just to find out where i gotta start troubleshooting an electrical problem.
true that. guess it will be coming out tomorrow. electrical problems are the last thing i want. I suck with electrical work

1 - 20 of 22 Posts