Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 04 durrango with hemi there looks to be like a really long muffler under the middle of the car. Is that the resonator?

Were going tomorro to look at mufflers to buy and wern't sure what that part was, as I have never seen a resonator that big before.

If it is a resonator does it have a big effect on what kinda output we will have if we replace just the muffler out the back?

thanks

·
2000 6.7 R/T
371 Posts
The resonator on the dodges are usually closer to the rear of the vehicle. Is it after the cat? If it is, then its the muffler. If you do have a resonator just get rid of it. It just adds weight :biggthump

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glad thats sorted out

Do they make mufflers that are the same length as the OEM, or will pipe needed to be added

·
Registered
73 Posts
If i got a flowmaster, would I have to take the resonator out ot get a good sound?

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
You dont have to. It would definately be louder without the resonator. The resonator is there to quite it down some more while making the tone deeper. A friend of mine cut the resonator off his hemi ram and you could definately tell the difference from when it was on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts