Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone, i just got a sponsorship from decalkits.com they got some pretty cool stuff but i just dont know what to do to my car. They even make custom ones too. you guys got any ideas as to what should i do to my durango, any input will be appreciated. thanks! :wave:

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Let me guess, you paid $80 for that sponsorship. I've seen those advertisements. You got hosed. :sorry:

·
Registered
290 Posts
like the racerX and that other one.... anyways. yup, you got hosed... :sorry:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
wardcars04 said:
Sup everyone, i just got a sponsorship from decalkits.com they got some pretty cool stuff but i just dont know what to do to my car. They even make custom ones too. you guys got any ideas as to what should i do to my durango, any input will be appreciated. thanks! :wave:
I'm not a big fan of the obnoxious decals that the ricer community sticks all over their cars, especially the ones that are set at an angle and run over multiple panels (ie: hood to fender).

I've seen a handful of vehicles which really had some nice looking decals - one local Ram has flames on it that I swore were painted on, and a Durango has some stripes with run down the side that look really nice.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I enjoy some of them... and heck, I personally designed some for a friend who I've never met... i think she might have the same type of sponsorship too...

Although, I'm thinking once I get the money to go into actual paint jobs... instead of stickers..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Decals?

I think they're good if you do it tastefully. Don't make it too overdone/over the top. Good luck to you

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
For me, I even took the stock decals off. I want NOTHING on my truck.

I have some stickers on the underside of my hood, but only for products that I am running, no poser stickers!

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think some decals are great. If they are done right. I used to have my old hood done with tribal stuff around the ram logo and up the hood. Also had some across the top of the windshield. Now i just have the rear window and tailgate.

I really don't like when company logos are plastered all over the place. Looks to cluttered.

tazz

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Alta Boy said:
I'm with you on that one. Absolutely no badging or decals on the paint, windows or anywhere.
what he said

F

·
0 Posts
I have seen a couple of tribal color changing vinyl ones that look super.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well, I like the clean look of no decals at all. I recently debadged my D and I think it looks very clean. But sometimes i like some decals or certain decals. Its gotta be a nice or good setup. Just throwin them here and there doesn't do it any justice. IMO

As for the factory ones, I used a heat gun to help out with the process. Then took some bug and tar remover and cleaned er up. Then some scratch remover and a couple coats of wax and buffed it out.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
i think the stuff on the windows ruins it, but im with the clean look, stickers just remind me of...ricers

F

·
0 Posts
I don't like the window decal thingie either. Looks cheapo in my opinion, but want to show the changing color vinyl that is now available.

·
Registered
371 Posts
tazz1002 said:
I really don't like when company logos are plastered all over the place. Looks to cluttered.

tazz

I agree. Personally i don't want anyone to know what i might have under the hood, they have to race me to find that out, that is when i start modifying.

·
Banned
1,863 Posts
some decals look nice but other dont. you'll be ok as longs as u dont over do it. decals are only temp. they may only last a couple of years before they start to peal. i had decals on my truck then on night some one egged my truck. in the morning when i was washing it off the decal started coming off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts