Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i drop in a 318 and do intake+headers and exaust, about what would my 1/4 mile time be? regular cab short box

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know if this will tell you anything but. I have a Durango with a 318 and a few mods. If it's wet I can get side ways. If it's dry I can only spin them when I'm in a turn. Hope this helps

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meh, thats about what i can do right now with my sixer. my reg cab is alot lighter than your durango though

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then maybe you would want to look into it. All I have on mine is FIPK generation 2, TPS tweek, and JBA spark plug wires. I'm running Bosch +2 in spark plugs. Hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going for serious speed also,I would pay to see a durango whoop a sports car. That would just be funny to me.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give me time mine will. Just try to save money for more mods

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Drop in a 360, not a 318. If your going to do an engine swap, the 360 will only be a lil more money then the 318 (and well worth the cost difference). Just look for one out of a wrecked ram.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Calculate 1/4 mile ET and MPH from HP and Weight

ET = ((Weight / HP)^.333) * 5.825

MPH = ((HP / Weight)^.333) * 234

Calculate HP From ET and Weight

HP = (Weight / ((ET/5.825)^3))

Calculate HP From MPH and Weight

HP = (((MPH / 234)^3) * Weight)

:snooze:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Black99R/Trc said:
Drop in a 360, not a 318. If your going to do an engine swap, the 360 will only be a lil more money then the 318 (and well worth the cost difference). Just look for one out of a wrecked ram.
a 360 would mean i would have to change the transmission and rear end, 318 will work with my stock tranny

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
but i say the 360 would be worth it...but with the 318...you might run low 16 if you get a good launch.

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
He's in a Gen 2, even with an auto, if he has intake+ exhaust he'll be able to pull well into the 15s if he can get it launched.

Could build the 318 up. Lots of quick 318 2nd Gens (Deep 12s) and if you wnated to go crazy you could always stroke it. Course with power like that your tranny will need a bit of work anyways. :)

-Ryan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cory said:
a 360 would mean i would have to change the transmission and rear end, 318 will work with my stock tranny
the 318 will "work" but it WILL blow up your tranny. The 360 is externally identical so it will bolt up to your tranny just as easily as a 318, you nly have to swap your torque converter. trust me, you'll be happier with a 360.

fwiw, a stock 318 in a Gen II with exhaust will turn mid 15's if you hook up

I can't say it enough: get the 360 get the 360 get the 360

-miggity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts