Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would look better on a graphite metalic dakota chrome euro lights or caron fiber euro lights?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
how much bling do you all ready have? I like chrome myself

S

·
0 Posts
I'm going with carbon fiber on mine when I order them. My whole front is chrome and so is the back bumper. Chrome taillights to me on mine will look to rice-ish and gawdy.

Check out Joe Espinola's Graphite R/T with the carbon fiber lights. Thats what I am basing my decision on is the way his looks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have any chrome besides a billet grill. but i have dark tinted windows.

S

·
0 Posts
Yours might look better with the chrome euro's since you don't have any chrome other than the billet grill... might even out the front and the back. what are your rims?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are stock 16" alloy

S

·
0 Posts
so are mine. well you can tell from the avatar in my sig. I'm going to be getting some 18" Centerline Stingray III at the end of August. So even more bling on my truck. Bleh!! But I've got a roll pan in the garage I need to paint and install so there goes the chrome off the back. Also going to get a bumper cover and paint to match then install over the front chrome. Only chrome after that will be the grill... and thats fine by me.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

gets lots of chrome :jester:

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
Personally I like chrome. Check out my tails.

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Neither. Stock looks SO much better than the "Euro" look. And why doesn't anyone like to be different and keep the stockers??? That was the whole point of the Euro look: to be different. Now everyone has them. Where is the fun in THAT?

IMO, Euro lenses suck...

S

·
0 Posts
02graphiteR/T said:
Personally I like chrome. Check out my tails.
Thanks for posting a pick of your truck... I had remembered your truck having the chrome but for the life of me I couldn't remember your username to post the pic. Ah well thats what I get for having a short term memory......... what were we talking about again?

·
Registered
402 Posts
03DakotaEric said:
Neither. Stock looks SO much better than the "Euro" look. And why doesn't anyone like to be different and keep the stockers??? That was the whole point of the Euro look: to be different. Now everyone has them. Where is the fun in THAT?

IMO, Euro lenses suck...
Actually, if you think about how many Daks and Durangos that are out there, not many have euro tails. Just because you see a lot of them on message boards does not mean that the majority has them. I would go so far as to say that less than 5% of all of these trucks have euro tails. So by getting euro tails, we are being different. And on top of that, euro tails are not necessarially to be "different" but to personalize our vehicles to what we like. Hence there are fourms such as this fine one for us all to interact and figure out what it is that we like. If you like the stock look, ok, keep yours stock, but I will definately be getting euro tails myself once i get some cash.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
98 Black SLT said:
Actually, if you think about how many Daks and Durangos that are out there, not many have euro tails. Just because you see a lot of them on message boards does not mean that the majority has them. I would go so far as to say that less than 5% of all of these trucks have euro tails. So by getting euro tails, we are being different. And on top of that, euro tails are not necessarially to be "different" but to personalize our vehicles to what we like. Hence there are fourms such as this fine one for us all to interact and figure out what it is that we like. If you like the stock look, ok, keep yours stock, but I will definately be getting euro tails myself once i get some cash.
well said :dammit:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
*ditto

There are alot of people on here that have them like 98 Black SLT said but where I live there is me and 1 other R/T that has them. And for some reason I never see him unless I have to be some where. One day I'll catch him when I'm slacking off in town and get him to join the boards.

·
Registered
105 Posts
IMO the carbon fiber are the way to go, mine give the truck a sort of blacked out look without putting lens covers on. Of course I'm one of those rare people that don't like crome, only crome on my truck is the emblem on the hood, and thats hidden by the bug shield.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for that picture they look great

·
0 Posts
I don't know if you have already bought any taillights,but I think the carbon fiber are a natural fit for graphite Daks.
But,after all,it is your truck,so you do what you like.

Attachments

·
0 Posts
as a new dakota owner (96 ext cab) i like seeing the different stuff that you guys are doing---im a car (70's mopars) guy through and through and this is my first truck. yes, the actual number of people running bling items is on the small size, but put them together in a place like this and it seems like alot. i personally like subtle changes myself, so for know, stock stuff it is. just a little lowered and de-emblemized is what i plan to do. but back to the matter at hand, even though the ricers have overdone carbon fiber--i think it still looks good on dark colored dakotas

1 - 20 of 32 Posts