Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a heavy duty bumper, with protection up over the headlights. My daily commute to work is like an obstacle course of deer darting across the road. I finally couldn't avoid one last week, luckily all it did was push my driver's side headlight in a 1/2 inch ( I had slowed down considerably).
Adding a winch and some driving lights to it at some point.
I really liked the looks of this one:

Bluelakeoffroad. Did some googling for reviews, and it turns out they are one in the same as T.A.G. and Kennesaw, they take your money, and if you are lucky you might actually get your bumper in a year.
So that one is out, and not too much shows up as an alternative.
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been looking as well but havent found anything other than the same company you found. I have been told there is a custom bumper shop near me here in SoCal but I havent yet checked into it. If you find anything please post and i will do the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is one other that makes a heavy duty bumper for the older Dakota's and they are closer to you as they are in Arizona. My local 4wd shop told me abut them, so I checked out their website. Iron Bull. They don't list prices, but the guy at Mike's Off Road, near where I live, said he has ordered a couple for guys, and they run around $1500-$1700. I don't like the looks of them compared to the BlueLakeOffRoad one, but the finish they put on them looks nice.
The guy I talked too said they make the bumpers fairly quick, but they take a long time to get all the way up to Montana. Seems that there is a guy that delivers for them, but only gets up here once or twice a year. If he delivers, freight is around $150. If you want it quicker, freight runs $450.
You being in SoCal, freight would be a lot less, and they probably deliver to your part of the country much more often.
The guy I spoke with here, said he wasn't that impressed with the build quality of the Iron Bull stuff, for that much money he thought they'd be better. Some of the online reviews I read on Iron Bull said the same thing about welds, and they didn't bolt right on without modifications.
I just went ahead and ordered an Aeries brush/grill guard, as I need some deer protection right away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
These are probably out of your price range but Dakota Hills aluminum bumpers. They won't put a winch in the Dakota bumper due to not enough air flow to radiator through bumper but they will put a 2" receiver and a winch plate for that. I'm getting one next year probably from them. Price range $2500+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts