Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that my wife will ever let me mod her Durango, but I was just curious what type 1/4 mile you could expect from a daily drivable 4.7L Durango w/ an intake, ported heads and cams, exhaust, bolt-ons etc? I'm not looking at anything radical, just wondered what you could expect to run w/ some of the mods out there for the 4.7L's?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 2001 QC 4.7 auto and 3.55 rear. my current mods are the K&N FIPK II intake and a 2 chamber Flowmaster.
I occasionaly race at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton FL. My best time was this past Feb. I ran a 15.4 at 87 mph. This was on an extremely cold night(for Florida anyways). Previous to that my best had been a 16.4 at 83mph. I went a couple of weeks ago and my best time was a 16.2 @ 84 mph.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 2000 4.7 5spd, with jba headers....homemade intake, a flowmaster 40 series muffler, a 3.55 rear with an open diff.(one wheel peels). My best time so far is a 15.449...can't remember the mph, it was something like 87.25mph. I should have a limited slip coming in soon, and after that the HO cams and Ho intake manifold. So I think i should be hitting low 15's maybe it I get lucky high 14's!

B

·
0 Posts
i have a 2000 sc 5spd 4.7 with 392's in the rear, k&n cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch 2 chamber flowmaster turndowns, rollpan, limited edition white tail lights, 2 layers of limo tint, clear corners, custom interior, ss grill, 4 inch blocks on back, lowering springs on front, i took it took the track and ran best 14.68. aint that some shit. straight out of the factory i was smoking others.

B

·
0 Posts
Fast Time with my 4.7

Hi guys. I have a 2001 Dakota Sport ClubCab 2WD, Auto, with 3:55 Posi. It has huge Hakkepaltti's 275 70 x 16's (30" High). 2 years after flawless performance and 19mpg, I was stupid and let the dealer fix my rough idle at stoplights. They flashed it and I lost 5mpg! I went all the way up to the vice Pres of the truck division with no chance of getting it flashed back. So I put a K&N filter charger on, throttle body spacer, electric cut out, and I took it to the track. I ran a 15.25 @89.4 MPH. 0-60 was 6.77 and the 1/8 mile [email protected] Not too bad for a basically stock Dakota. By the way, my mileage came back up to 17.2MPG in the summer and 15.3MPG during the Winter

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
it's all in my sig.

D

·
0 Posts
Well on the stock engine I was running 15.3 at 89 extremely traction limited, then with the new H.O. Engne swap extremely traction limited and mistuned (Im still running the stock PCM, need a custom flash to match the new engine) I ran a 15.2 at 89, I expect with a custom tune to dip well into the 14's and I need a posi bad, already broke a powertrax locker launching on DR's and 100 shot. Also went lean and burnt two front cylinders after three bottles, juice is now gone, and Im the proud owner of a H.O. swap truck! :biggthump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts