Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
try a set of lakewood slapper bars. they cured my wheel hop. i mean it was so bad it would hop even in the snow !! now it just takes off. and the best part is the price. i paid $38 bucks for them at advance auto. lakewood just came out with a new set just for street trucks but i don't know how much they cost. i'll bet under $80 bucks.

S

·
0 Posts
Hey fastdak i live right by great lakes dragway. In a few mod's ill see you at the track :D

Well are they leaf or coil and please 1 at a time :fight:

can you explain more what you mean by wheel hop. I think i have that problem too but not sure. Do you have a 5 speed or an AUTO?

S

·
0 Posts
wheel hop is when your tires bouce on take off when then spin and it makes a chirp chirp chirp chirp sound instead of just squeeling steady. My r/t does this bad if the road is rough but on real smooth surfaces it will just spin. The traction bars or slaper bars are designed to keep wheel hop down by planting the tires harder against the road when you take off. Hope that clears things up for you.

S

·
0 Posts
absolutly that sounds like a MUST to me. thank you

I would think Everyone would want this.... Is their a disadvantage to having it?

S

·
0 Posts
Not that i know of accept suspension travel. I wouldnt recomment them on a 4x4 but if you drive city and want your rear to hookup its the way to go, i will be getting some for the r/t soon i hope.

S

·
0 Posts
see thats the delema im in, I have never had a 4X4 so i don't really know what its capible of. I have always been a car guy who stays on the road (well usually) Personally i like the look of a lower profile truck then a big hick truck that is over 10 feet tall. Not a knock just a preference. I like to slide off to a dirt road sometimes to kick in 4X4. But generally i really i guess don't need it at least for what it is intended for. opinions please...

I ride 98% on the road and would like to have a smoother faster take off is this a product i should buy???

S

·
0 Posts
I dont see how it would hurt to put them on your truck if you stay on road most of the time. The angles of the bars may be different and im not real sure they even make a traction bar for a 4x4 maybe sombody else can answer that one better.

·
Montana Dodge's BFF
2,196 Posts
The only problem with trac bars is most of them hit the wrong part of the leaf spring.You want the front snubber to hit the spring eye where the bushing is.Most of them hit where the first spring stakc is and it tries to bend the spring not giving the full efect.Summit sells a set of longer slapper bars or you can get some box channle and extend it your self.I personally like the cal-tracs better they are a better desighn and function.But ofcourse cost more and the slide-a-links don't impress me at all.My buddy ryan has them on his blown gen II dak and had no effect on his traction.Hope this answers your question and if your slammed in the weeds i don't recommend slapper bars.(been there hit that)

DEPUTY

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought they had torsion bar suspension up front. mine leans alittle to driver side so I just cranked that side adjusting bolt alittle to straighten it out.
Roger

·
People suck.
337 Posts
4x4's have torsion bars I think. Not 2wd's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts