Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of modifications would give me more tourqe and hp, just the basic addon stuff...., and no nos, don't want that, Thanks

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Super Modder
981 Posts
the good thing about the hypertech and the superchips programmers are the fuel adjustments...with the flashed pcm you gotta run the high octaine...but the prgrammers you can use high or low octaine depending ont eh set up...you can change it when you are low on funds or viseversa...but you get better outcome with the flashed pcm...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats an M1?

M1,... never heard of that, can you inlighten me? Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
You can increase HP and torque in many different ways. I would start with adding a cold air intake and then working on the ignition system. 8.5 mm wires along with a high output coil and brass cap and rotor for starters. A C/D ignition like the MSD will add between 15 and 20 HP on average and 10 foot pounds of torque.

You can install every one of these items in about 3 hours time and end up with an extra 45 Horses and about 15 to 20 extra foot pounds of torque on average.

·
It's not my fault!
299 Posts
DakIsBackJack said:
M1,... never heard of that, can you inlighten me? Thanks
It is the Mopar M1 intake, specifically designed for the 318/360 Magnum engines. Is a straight bolt on and eliminates the notorious belly pan gasket. I just finished putting one on my 92, works great. Cost is between 375 and 450 for the intake and install kit/gaskets. I saw a post on the dakotausa.com forum from someone who is selling a brand new one for $275.

It also makes it a little easier to get to the distributor as well. Looks much better than the stock beer barrel intake, IMO. Also makes a nice throaty intake roar under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i can't find one for the 3.7L plus i have an automatic so whats a high stall converter? :confused: and yes i'm don't know too much about the names of engine parts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man, my hopes were up too

man, my hopes were up too :(

·
Super Modder
981 Posts
yea but now we can tell you what you realy need...dont be down...i'll get your hopes back up...what you should do first is...

swap in a v8...then do everything adam suggested in the first place...hahaha...jk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eh i got a 440 :drool: in the shed behind my house,.. just needs a few things according to my dad, but i don't know if it would fit in my truck, plus it weights a ton....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol,... your gona have to pry it from my dad's dead body......he won't let no one togch that motor, plus i don't know how much shipping would be to send the damn thing out if it were to be sold,.....got the motor out of a 26.3 ft. crab'n boat his freind had.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.