Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cussing: I'm not trying to come off as a self centered SOB but here it is the end of September and I still don't have my truck posted on the homepage for Sept. TOM. It was a real thrilll to win and all back at the end of August but now the whole experience has soured. WHY? Because what the hell is the point of winning TOM if the people in charge don't even acknowledge the win and post the persons truck on the homepage in a timely manner?

THERE IS NO POINT IN EVEN HAVING TOM IF YOU DON'T!

Jesus ....... Was even announced the winner of Sept. TOM before the month of Aug. was done! Sent the info to Steve the next day! A few PM's to Steve over the course of September to ask him what's up, and the reply was, "A little busy right now. I'll get to it soon." You're telling me that you're that busy and 4 weeks later nothing is still done? Just how busy are you and how hard can it be? After repeated PM's asking the same question, with still nothing done, I fiquired it's time to post this. If it gets my ass banned then so be it.

Steve and Adam? You can chose to reply to this or simply delete the thread because it's something you don't wanna deal with. Anyone else wanna chime in? Go for it. If you don't then that's fine too. I'm not looking for sympathy. Just trying to make a point.

My point, and it just happens to affect me, is that if your gonna have TOM then post the goddamn info up there when it should be done or put someone in charge of it who will.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
yeah id have to agree, its not only not fair to the TOM winner, but also to the people who put the time in to nominate, vote, and honor the winners. Show us what we love!!! Our TOM!!!

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
I agree Peter, I was wondering why I haven't seen you on the homepage. A very deserving TOM as well. You should be left up there for an extra month because it took a month and you still arn't on there :cussing:

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
DownBoi said:
u knooowww, complaining is a negative thing :rofl: :joke:
Yeah but he has a good reason to, wouldn't you be a little pissed too? :biggthump

·
Banned
782 Posts
I would personally say that Steve and Adam probably have a good reason for not getting it up there.. I know Steve had been having some troubles with his stuff as of late.. (presidental talk... ya know)

But, yeah, you are right Pete... You got the short end of the stick on this one...

Maybe Steve will set up YOUR truck in place of HIS on top of his website for a month... ya know.. to make you a happy customer for customer service reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I'd like to help you out Peter, but I don't have access to change the TOM pic. I've asked to have access to it so we can get the pics up quicker but as far as I know I don't have access to change it yet.

You and Darren are the only 2 that this has happend to that I recall

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
You may have to not do TOM one month to get caught back up. I would be upset too Alta Boy.

·
pressurized
187 Posts
Alta Boy said:
Hell Rich, you shouldn't be complaining. It bought you an extra month. :biggthump

Simple point though ...... If your'e gonna have TOM then post the winners in a timely manner. Failing to do that means the whole thing is meaningless.
i agree bro, i was wondering what was up but didn't think much of it , i would be upset too :cussing:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, i second everything that everybody said. :clap2:

00RedRT: I can't believe that guy tried to give you grief about that, but its cool that it got worked out.

Alta Boy: I'm sure Steve will have some sort of compensation for it. Of course, i dont know him personally, but he seems to be a really fair guy. I mean, who could drive a dak and be a jerk? :jester:

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
1,941 Posts
Sicminds0088 said:
Yeah, i second everything that everybody said. :clap2:

00RedRT: I can't believe that guy tried to give you grief about that, but its cool that it got worked out.

Alta Boy: I'm sure Steve will have some sort of compensation for it. Of course, i dont know him personally, but he seems to be a really fair guy. I mean, who could drive a dak and be a jerk? :jester:
Thanks bro! Yeah I'm not sure why that guy went off on me either. Maybe because it was his Durango in the TOM pic and he didn't want it changed?:huh:

Anyway, it was last year and water under the bridge. Just sorry to see it happening again, especially to a nice guy like Pete!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I apologize for taking so long to get your TOM picture posted to the main page. I can only perform the updates when logging in from home because of network restrictions at the office, and my access to the internet has been very sporadic lately. I can assure you that there has been serious reasons why I was unable to perform these updates in a timely manner that I am not ready to hash out in a public arena at the moment, I can only hope that things will stabilize in the near future so subsequent updates do not fall by the wayside.

Two sets of TOM's are displayed on the main page at one time, so even with delays everybody gets a minimum of 30 days in the spotlight before their link gets put in the TOM archive in the sticky note at the top of the Featured Truck forum.

Adam has been doing an excellent job with the TOM system, I will defer to his judgement for what he wants to do with the October TOM voting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.