Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1997 dakota regular cab short bed 112 inch wheel base with a v6 3.9L, 4x4 and a manual transmission. When i bought the truck the exhaust was on the way out so i replaced the muffler and tailpipe from napa. they fit fine. my cat was broken up so i hollowed it out but i still had a hole so i said let me replace the whole exhaust. I ordered everything from walker the direct fit y pipe and the 49 state converter. when i replaced the pipes they ended up being too long so i put it back in without the muffler and its been like that for a year. now after some more research i ordered the the pipe from mangnaflow and it is direct fit along with a new tailpipe and muffler. Once again i go to throw it in and im still too long and I dont know how the eff that is. based on the heat shield i can tell the direct fit converter pipes are supposed to be forward a few inches. I can not figure how that is possible I have what i believe are the stock manifolds in there they have the pentastar on them and the walker direct fit y pipe. how am i too long i dont get it at all has anyone had this problem? thank you for any help

·
Loud Pedal Heavy
31 Posts
The y pipe might be for all wheelbases and may have to be cut to fit. That's the only reasonable answer I can think of

·
Registered
491 Posts
when I installed my 3 inch high flow cat from magnaflow I had to make it way way shorter to fit

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ending up having to cut out 10 inches and put in a weld to make it fit. Would have been 14 if I ordered the muffler to the stock size instead of shorter I emailed magnaflow on the issue maybe theyll look into just how direct fitting there pipes are and save someone down the line

1 - 4 of 4 Posts