Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put one on my truck in order to increase the safety. Not looking to put a Halon system in the truck, but just carry a small fire extinguisher to keep in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I'd probably get something along the lines of a 2 1/2 lb or 5 lb, with a metal bracket. A lot of home fire extinguishers have plastic brackets that would almost certainly break in a crash and send the fire extinguisher flying. You'll also want one that is A (ordinary fires - think a cigarette setting the interior on fire), B (liquids like gasoline), and C (electrical) rated - there's a lot of extinguishers out there that are missing one of these ratings. While they have their purposes, I wouldn't carry one in a truck.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd probably get something along the lines of a 2 1/2 lb or 5 lb, with a metal bracket. A lot of home fire extinguishers have plastic brackets that would almost certainly break in a crash and send the fire extinguisher flying. You'll also want one that is A (ordinary fires - think a cigarette setting the interior on fire), B (liquids like gasoline), and C (electrical) rated - there's a lot of extinguishers out there that are missing one of these ratings. While they have their purposes, I wouldn't carry one in a truck.
Yea, the one I put a link up for up earlier is ABC rated and is 2.5 lbs. They also make a mount for the roll bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts