Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to get my exhuast done at one of the local muffler places round town.. was wonderin what type of mufflers i should go with.. i wanted to do true dual's that exit b4 each rear tire(one on eather side) .. but i was readin a thread n someone said that it was hard to do but i'll c what the shop says i guess... oh yea back to topic, what would be best sounding performance mufflers to go with ? thax

· Registered
227 Posts
Doing it behind infront of both tires is almost impossible, there is one guy on cardomain that has it done, but the pipe runs along the outside of the frame and it actually can be seen if you look from the side, so i would go against it, look into magnaflow, it would help if you tell us what your looking for, strictly power, sound, etc. I'll post a sound clip of my SIDO magnaflow setup soon, so you can hear it.

· Clean Machine
972 Posts
you cant have the pipes coming out in front of the wheels on both sides because the gas tank is in the way - you could relocate the gas tank, that might work. i would go with spintechs or flowmasters. id pick spintech just because flowmaster originated making mufflers for just mustangs and imo i think they give some trucks a mustangish sound(not that that is bad). both brands are awesome mufflers. i have dual spintechs, they are lound, sound good, and are excellent performance wise. :biggthump

· Registered
147 Posts
while we have this thread...

I'm also looking for an exhaust setup...relatively cheap...
looking for throaty and as much performance as I can get out of Exhaust, I want to keep the truck mostly stock I'm only adding some sort of intake and an exhaust for now...maybe down the road some cams...300 RWHP is m goal if I keep this truck..

· Clean Machine
972 Posts
Stampede4point7 said:
I'm also looking for an exhaust setup...relatively cheap...
looking for throaty and as much performance as I can get out of Exhaust, I want to keep the truck mostly stock I'm only adding some sort of intake and an exhaust for now...maybe down the road some cams...300 RWHP is m goal if I keep this truck..
-then just get like a flowmaster super 40 catback with a single in dual out muffler. its good enough to where down the road if you try for 300hp you wont have to get a new exhaust. or just buy whatever brand muffler you want cut out the old and have the new put in. that way if you go with tru duals down the road youll only have to buy one muffler, to go with the one u already have. :biggthump

· Clean Machine
972 Posts
mines in front of the passengers side tire (gs system). i put it on myself. im sure its possible to run it on the drivers side-but i have no idea how. maybe it has somethin to do with year model

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.