Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting $2600 back for taxes, after paying my grandma, only keeping $1000, and will have about $600 or so to spend on the truck. I really need exhaust because I hate my stock exhaust. But I am curious to know what else I can do for somewhat cheap. I already have an intake (curteous of my Shaker hood). But besides that that is all. Just looking for some others input.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
mopar PCM :biggthump

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, my knowledge of engines are only in Mustangs as I have owned 1 since 15. I know nothing of the Dodges...what size of TB, and does this and the M1 Manifold help out a whole lot? Where can I get both?

·
Texas
207 Posts
while im not sure what motor you have. i have been looking at dual for my 4.7 and the cheapest i can find was the borla cat-back for my truck i think at $650 or so. From what i found the 4.7L uses a single TB inlet and is 70mm for the after market ones. The 5.9l uses twin 58mm or so. they run about $350, and what about headers? i found the 4.7 ones are around $450 depending on your chioce of online vendor.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Hey man post some pics of your ride and I can offer some suggestions.

S

·
0 Posts
Not necessarily, somebody on here was selling a set for right at $1000. Tires and all.

S

·
0 Posts
Duh, brain fart, he doesn't have tires with them. LOL, don't give your grandma as much! :joke: I know family first. Thats where my return is going this year is to pay back my parents for the loan on my house.

V

·
0 Posts
If you can get the 20's i would suggest just Getting Some Sport mirrors from Styling Concept and color matching you Door handles and tailgate handle. Also maybe shaving off your antenna, then she would be clean and trim, they are nice that way!

S

·
0 Posts
K, here is another link. I know this might be a bit out of your price range but these are some nice rims and tires. I've done business with Alan (inkcushion) before and he is dependable. I purchased a set of factory chrome R/T rims plus tires from him and am happy as can be.

20" Eagle 026 rims and tires

·
No Dak, but a Dodge!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have seen those, I am almost half tempted to buy a set of R/T rims if they have good tires, though not certain yet. I should shave the antenna, especially since I have XM radio. I want to do the handles as well. The mirrors I can't decide if I want to go with the smaller OEM ones, or the stylin concepts.

But so far I am thinking, mirrors, exhaust, MAYBE GSM ground effects. OR...
Get my 7" LCD, DVD Player 2 sets of component speakers (with 8 tweeters) and 2 10" subs, all (besides the tweeters) in a custom center console going all the way to the back of the cab. The tweeters would be incorporated into a custom overhead console.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I would get a nice used set of R/T wheels and then go purchase some new nitto tires p275/50/17s.Looks and function can't go wrong!P.S. if you or anyone else decides on a custom center console i'd like to see pics.I've considered this project also,kinda like a 2+2 approach.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have a viper body kit that you could buy off me for 400 +shipping. i have the side pieces and the rear bumper cover. never been painted or put on. if your interested pm me. [email protected] thanks.......Darryl

·
Registered
425 Posts
GS Motorsports large tube headers! :biggthump

but you really need to open up the intake side before you mess with the exhaust so i would prolly do the M1 intake setup with throttle body first.

I've got a set of 20" chrome R/T wheels with brand new Kumho tires that i need to get rid of. $1000.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts