Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sensor controls the speedometer and where is it? Also what sensor controls the ABS. mY TRUCK IS STALLING, THE GOD DAM BREAK LIGHT,ABS LIGHT IS ON AND THE SPEEDOMETER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I CALLED THE DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND THEY DONT THINK THE SPEEDOMETER IS CONTROLLED MY THE REAR DIFFERETIAL SENSOR. if not where the hell is it?

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
pvachon said:
What sensor controls the speedometer and where is it? Also what sensor controls the ABS. mY TRUCK IS STALLING, THE GOD DAM BREAK LIGHT,ABS LIGHT IS ON AND THE SPEEDOMETER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I CALLED THE DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND THEY DONT THINK THE SPEEDOMETER IS CONTROLLED MY THE REAR DIFFERETIAL SENSOR. if not where the hell is it?

for the ABS lights and Brake lights being on, that is the rear ABS speed sensor on top of your rear end. this can affect your speedo. is sends a signal to your ABS comp that is on the drivers side of the engine bay, behind the batt. 99.9% of the time this is the commom prob for your lights.

unfortunatley, this is a stealerhip only part at this time. ~$35 or so

there is also a speed sensor on the drivers side of the tranny near the tailshaft housing. this sends a signal to your ECM.

not suprising that the Stealership wooulndt help you over the phone, they wanted the $80 troubleshooting fee :bs2:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The sensor on top of the differential is for inputs to the speedo and ABS. Below 20 mph, the differential sensor is the input for the speedometer. Above 20 mph, the transmission output speed sensor is the input for the speedometer. The differential sensor will also cause the ABS and brake lights to illuminate. It is very, very, very common. It will not cause stalling though.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
sounds like you have the rear wheel speed sensor problem. the stalling might be a dirty IAC sensor. It's on the back of your TB. Hope that helps. You can pick the speed sensor up from the dealer. The IAC you can clean with some carb cleaner or just buy another one from NAPA.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I had the same problem.

Look under your truck by the rear diff. you might see a wire hanging down, and it shouldn't be hard to find where it goes. That is all it was for me, just came unplugged.

Hope that helps! :mullet:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts