Dakota Durango Forum banner

What other Year Dakota is Compatible???

18K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  budharris2021 
#1 ·
I own a 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab (short box) 4x4 4.7L motor. I have a chance to buy a 2011 Dakota Quad Cab Tonneau Cover. Just wondering if the 2 boxes are the same size and the Tonneau Cover would fit mine????

Thanks In Advance
pserra

#2 ·
Truck beds are the same. Dodge never really made significant changes to the Dakota beds, even though the 2008 refresh was significant, the bed was left alone, save for the addition of the cargo bed rail system, which you will need to be aware of if the tonneau cover you are getting is for the optional cargo bed rail system.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. Primus.

I didn't end up buying the 2011 Tonneau Cover as they wouldn't budge in price. It did fit my box (as you said it would).

I will continure looking.

Will a Generation 3 Quad Dakota (2000-2004) fit the 2005 Quad Dakota??

Thanks
Peter

#9 ·
Thanks for the reply! I thought that listing was odd. And the guy IN THE PARTS DEP'T AT A DODGE DEALER didn't have any idea! That was od. But hey, $20 for a brand new bedliner, not going to complain. Apparently they have a number of them they are selling for $20. If you want to drive to the middle of Nebraska. :)

#10 ·
Just joined the site/forum... I bought an '07 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT SXT. I needed a Tonneau cover and went with the one from Truxport. Under $300, soft cover, cross bars roll into the cover as you roll it back, and best part under an hour to install it.
I know this thread is a little old but just wanted to add my 2 cents.

#12 ·
97 thru 04 will all bolt in. There are some bracketry changes when the bumper went from 2 pcs to 1 pc, so research that a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.