Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,754 Posts
I use Castrol every 5k, and use FRAM oil filters every 10k. Been doing it for years in my other vehicles with no engine problems. My '03 D only has 7k miles on it, but I changed the filter at 1k (part of my break-in-period maintenance schedule) and have had no problems, and it actually runs a little cooler (according to the temp guage) then it did with the stock filter... Good luck...

·
The Anti-RUB
1,754 Posts
I just re-read through the web site, one thing I noticed about the FRAM section is that it is using the "old" style filters, then I noticed the page hasn't been updated since 05/25/99. Since that time FRAM went through a re-design (like adding the "sure grip" ontop of the filter for easier install etc). Would be interesting to see if the internals also changed.

Either way, I (or my dad, who got me started with FRAMs) have never had a problem with FRAM oil filters. I'm gonna stick with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.