Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all..need some opions about what performance mod should I do next?

My Mods on my 96 Dak with a 318:
PPH Headers with True Dual Exhaust High Flow Cats and Turbopacks
Roller Rockers @ 1.7
50MM Fastman TB
K&N Xtreme Air filter with XTreme lid
Mopar PCM

Someone told me a ported intake would be good, but I would lose low end which I really don't want to lose

So, what you guys think?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the K&N Xtreme filter right now..
The one thing I do wish for is a RAM air intake, they have them but they are a pain to install from what I've seen

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey, Paul, he listed his current mods... not what he wants.

Get you a supercharger or NOS for it. Have some fun. If you got the cash for it. Also, you might look into a KRC cam or the 2bl intake (don't know which model) that the other guys are runnin on their 5.2/5.9 motors. I'm just a little 4.7L tryin to help.

Check out Steve's (SinCityR/T) Truck . Look in the left hand column after you click on the truck link. That will give you a rather good idea of whats out there.

P.S. Sorry to pimp your truck out Steve but you've got one of the most comprehensive listings for mods.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the intake I heard messes with the low end, which right now I would like to keep if not enhance.

Supercharger is a good chunk of change, something like 3000+
Cam is a good idea...I was also thinking something with the Tranny... too

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
IMO, get the M-1 2bbl intake. You will pull a lot harder from about 2k-2.5k on up. Plus i like the way it cleans up the look of the engine and it makes changing cap/rotor a lot easier. :cool:

If you are really concerned about low end, consider searching for a turtle that goes inside the m-1 to direct the airflow directly toward the runners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts