Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· It's not my fault!
299 Posts
FWIW, I ported my own TB. Can't afford a Fastman or F&B. I picked up one from the junkyard through car-part.com. Came with all sensors and a throttle bracket. I ground off and polished what I could. I will post the pics and such tonight when I get home. I noticed a change in power and throttle response. Eventually I will get an F&B, but that is pretty far down the road. Cost wise I think this was a good compromise.

· It's not my fault!
299 Posts
kaui56 said:
what did you do to the butterflies and shaft?
Nothing yet. It took me long enough to get the horns cut off and ground down. I plan on getting some countersunk allen head screws to replace the stock ones on the shaft. The shaft will be thinned out a little, and the butterflies will be sharpened on the edge only. The new screws will be flush with the shaft as well.

I have an 11 month old running around the house with me, so time to work on the truck is somewhat more limited than it used to be. After I got the initial stuff done I was tired and my wife wanted the garage back so I cleaned up everything and swapped it out on the truck. Hopefully I will get it completely finished over the Labor day holiday weekend. That and an electric fan install and finish my MSD ignition upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.