Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Yes it's a lowered 4X4
1,549 Posts
check your glove box and look at your options listed on the sticker for LSD. Or do a small burn out if you have 2 tire marks you have LSD. :biggthump

BTW, if you need pics and info on the rearend and transfer case check out my site!!

· Registered
9 Posts
How it was built

You can get a complete build sheet for your vehicle by stopping at any dealer with your VIN number, They run it and give you a print out of exactly how your vehicle came equipped. ( FREE of charge) And as previously stated it should say in the glove box as well.

As far as the differentials, the front calls for 75w90 and the rear will call for the same or 75w140, depending on the weather expected between changes, according to a dealer near me. From what I understand, if you use a fully synthetic (not a blend) you need not add anything for limited slip. I use valvoline, I have also heard very good things about AMSOIL, but you pretty much need to order it from an AMSOIL dealer.

As far as the trans and transfer case I was told only to use Mopar +4, which I did, It is somewhat expensive as I have only found it at the Dodge dealer.

Hope this helps :mullet:

· Registered
134 Posts
Napa, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advanced Auto and a few mom and pop speed shops out here.. None had atf+4. I wish they did because it took 8 gallons to get out all the water from my tranny. 32$ a gallon got expensive!

· Registered
30 Posts
Stell said:
Napa, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advanced Auto and a few mom and pop speed shops out here.. None had atf+4. I wish they did because it took 8 gallons to get out all the water from my tranny. 32$ a gallon got expensive!
NAPA carries ATF+4, it's made by valvoline. I can't think of the part number off the top of my head.. i think its 346, but whatever guy told you they didnt have it doesnt know what he's talking about.

· Registered
213 Posts
Amsoil Dealer Steven Roark # 1061836 --- Amsoil Forum, FAQ and BLOG

· Registered
17 Posts
NAPA now carries ATF +4 made by Valvoline. It runs about $4.19/qt. Roughly half of the dealer cost!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.