Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but offhand it looks like it might be a test fitting for the evaporative emissions system? (you know, that crap that makes your check engine light go on if you leave your gas cap off?)

·
Registered
96 Posts
ya know i thought i knew what it was but just went and looked at it and im stumped, Ive seen it on other cars but never looked into it and now i must know

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CHUCCDOG said:
Your Right That Picture From You Cell Phone Sux..lol
lol....i thought alright...you knew something useful...guess not...that was funny though...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just to let you know that is your fuel pressure test port. You can hook up a pressure gauge there and it will read the fuel pressure on your truck. I have a haynes manual and it describes what it is. If you know where you can look at one check it out. I'm not 100% sure because i don't have the manual in front of me but i know it has something to do with your fuel pressure and checking it. Some people have even used this as a fuel supply for nitrous and for fuel pressure gauges. I was going to use it but i saw the schrader valve there and i didn't know how to tap into it and make it work. hope this helps

·
Registered
69 Posts
is there anyway to hook stuff up there even thought it's a scrader valve? i'd like to know

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wykdrt said:
Just to let you know that is your fuel pressure test port. You can hook up a pressure gauge there and it will read the fuel pressure on your truck. I have a haynes manual and it describes what it is. If you know where you can look at one check it out. I'm not 100% sure because i don't have the manual in front of me but i know it has something to do with your fuel pressure and checking it. Some people have even used this as a fuel supply for nitrous and for fuel pressure gauges. I was going to use it but i saw the schrader valve there and i didn't know how to tap into it and make it work. hope this helps
are you sure...cause there is no hose clamps or anything...

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spitz said:
is there anyway to hook stuff up there even thought it's a scrader valve? i'd like to know
all you would need is something like a a/c connector or even a tire pump adapter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That Green Cap is for the Evaporative Emissions System. It is used to check fot any leaks in the system by the dealer. The fuel pressure test port will be on the fuel rail with a black cap. If you hook a pressure gauge to the green port the pressure will be very little.
Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts