Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys tell me what this hose is that is going into my stock intake. Also where does this hose install into the IP Stage III Cold Air Intake? Thanks for your help! :mullet: :bow: :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
There should be a spot on the IP Stage III for it, there is on the stage II. I believe it's just a vacuum line. You'll probably have to cut it back a little bit, but it'll hook right up.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
crank case vent :huh:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rock

How does this tie into the IP intake?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
are you getting the Z tube? here's a picture of another set up. If your getting this one it should stay the same. If your gettig the Z tube I'm unsure. you might want to contact them....

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should ask them how the crank cse vent hose ties into the z tube with stage III cold air intake? Correct?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hold on.... lets see if anyone chimes in. also check out the web site and other Z tube post.... we'll figure this out.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent John at IP an email concerning my question.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fyi

I got a email back from Joe at 360 Air and this hose connects into the bottom of the aluminum tube on their system. No word from Intense Performace yet. Sent a second email. Getting frustrated with them!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
did you read the note on the IP site?

Due to quality problems with tubes as supplied by my local mandrel bender, Stage II and Stage III intakes for the V6, 5.2, and 5.9 engines will be unavailable for a period of time. We are in the process of switching over our product line to high quality cast aluminum components but the new products are not yet ready. If your in the market for one of these products please check back, as availablity will be announced as soon as possible.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rock

I have the 4.7L engine and they could at least reply to my email. I am sure that it is an easy question for them to answer. Either "yes and this is where it connects" or "no". Unless they have shut down there entire operation due to the problem with there manufacturer and are not responding to any emails.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Goon.....

You're right, that is your crank case pvc.... the only reason that is there... is to spit bits of vapors back into your engine in hopes of it being more efficient. I have been running my truck without it tied into the system for a few months... and in fact... I've probably increased gas milage(not sure if it's that... or my tonneau cover)... either way... I'd say just let it leak out... it's not a liquid... it's just a vapor. Basically your engine gets a specific amount of vapor built up, then spits it out(back through your engine)... or into your engine bay if you don't have it pluged in. I'd say just leave it off... or go find a rubber gromit and a nice drill... drill into your z-tube and put it in there with the gromit.

Paul

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks YAAAAAAAAAAABUDDY that is a good option. I will look into it.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard back from John at IP this morning. There is a welded nipple in the z tube for the PVC hose. There is also a port for the IAT Sensor. So my questions are answered. Now I need money like a crackhead needs crack! That Z tube set up is 3 large! It will defintely look sweet in my engine bay though! :mullet: :bow:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn those nitrous gone wrong pics ar gnarly. That sucks for that dude. Well that is one thing I will not be doing to my Durango. Not that I had planned on it in the first place! As for the home brew intake, I am not a big fan of PVC plumbing under my hood. I am sure that it will get the job done but it is not my cup of tea. I love the look of aluminum under the hood and not to mention the fact that I have heard stories of heat f'ing up the plastic piping from home brews as well as K&N's. So for me it is either 360 Air or Intense Performance for me. They make the sharpest looking intakes for my money. 360 is 180 and a similar one at IP is about the same price. The cold air from IP is 300. THat I may not do because of the money. But we will see. Thanks for the responses and the help though guys! I really appreciate it!

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Goon you are right/wrong about the PVC intakes.

Right, if your intake manifold is metal, then yes a PVC intake is not a good idea because it will heat up the PVC pipe above while the vehicle is parked.

Wrong, our 4.7L's have a plastic intake manifold. The engine heat is not transferred to the top of the engine. The PVC as a result does not get hot enough to melt. For example, next time you goto Wally world, put your hand on the hood of vehicles around yours. Then put your hand on your hood, there should be a noticable 10 - 20 F temperature difference.

You want bling... PVC will never get the bling effect. Good luck!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the crankcase breather hose either. If you don't want to leave it open put a filter on the end (local auto parts store). That is what we do on the bikes we race. It keeps those hot gases from re-entering your intake and increasing your intake temperature.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts