Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to get the stock decals off my doors and tailgate? I want to replace them with the chrome 5.9 R/T emblems. My tailgate decals feel like they are under the clear coat and im not sure if it was resprayed at one time. How should i go about getting these decals off?¿? :huh:

T

·
0 Posts
If they are under clear then dont mess with them unless you wanna pay to get the tailgate repainted.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
humm... I didn't even know they ever put them under the clear coat... I always thought they were on top. Interesting.

Paul

D

·
0 Posts
my truck had the same thing.....its just a clear decal with black to make it look like its under the clear coat, giving it a "hand painted" wanna-be look. I tore mine off no problem.....just be careful...they are nice sized decals...and.....dont use a razor.....use your fingernail...much easier

Jay

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well guys i just found out, it is under the clear coat. the guy before had it resprayed so taking the back decals off are not going to be done any time soon. I have to wait till i shave the handle. :drool:

A

·
0 Posts
if you go to local auto shop they have decal remover for like 5 bucks it takes all the glue off and its a sinch takes like 10 min for all the decals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts