Dakota Durango Forum banner

What Intake do you have?

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's see what the most common intake is.

Post your Pros and Cons of your Air Intakes to. This way it may help out some of the guys that can't decide which one they want.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
intense performance w/9" big mouth filter. all pro's. thing is the shiznet

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
to be honest i dont know what i got. its not any of the big name brands. i think its actually for a different car, but it's nice and im going to make a new carbon fiber box to eliminate the hot air real soon.

T

·
0 Posts
FIPK here. It dropped mt et .2 and I gained 2 mph and the end of the 1/4 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well I got my 360 intake Friday and tried to install it today but I had to take it back off...The hose that goes into the air lid from the valve cover doesnt reach, anyone else have this problem?

T

·
0 Posts
I have a FIPK kit and I love it. It works great!! I could tell a difference as soon as I installed it

·
Registered
117 Posts
damm i neva even heard of all these types of intakes till now..damm when i was lookin all they had was the airraid...well that's what i got and i guess i'm happy...i think i need the stage 2 chip now...

·
Registered
150 Posts
360 OWNS!!

snubzinttown said:
Well I got my 360 intake Friday and tried to install it today but I had to take it back off...The hose that goes into the air lid from the valve cover doesnt reach, anyone else have this problem?
Not a common problem but can happen with any place. Just go to a loacl auto store and get the hose from there it should be like 1-2 $ . If u want, u can send it back to joe and he'll get a longer one to you. Joes #1 thing is customer satisfaction!!

A

·
0 Posts
before i had my "home brew" i had a mopar intake witch is exactly like the K&n fipk. i had that on my truck and it cracked, i tried to repair it, but it didnt work. so i built one out of 4" and 5 1/2" aluminum tubing,welded them together to fit where the fipk went, blew some paint on and thats it. very simple, but it works.

·
Registered
142 Posts
dvsone said:
360 OWNS!!
Not a common problem but can happen with any place. Just go to a loacl auto store and get the hose from there it should be like 1-2 $ . If u want, u can send it back to joe and he'll get a longer one to you. Joes #1 thing is customer satisfaction!!
Oh I already took care of it, got a 5/8" hose from my Murrays Autoparts around here, they didnt even charge me for one foot of tube so it was nothing. It wouldnt have been anything if I had to pay 1-2 bucks either, I was just curious though..Thanks for the info anyway, appreciate it...I am very satisfied with the intake, glad to know Joe is willing to do what it takes to satisfy us...Take care!

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
can I vote twice for the Fipk? I have one on my 5.9 Grand Cherokee and one on my Dak r/t. I love them best quality IMO

They install very easily, are a high quality plastic- Not metal so they dont heat up the air charge, And have sealed baffle to isolate the filter element form the engine air.

J

·
0 Posts
K&N here. I love the whoosh sound that comes out of the engine every time it's started.

·
What tha duece?!
254 Posts
home brew.....

Just finished up my "ABS" performance intake hehe... it works great. Have noticed a nice difference in my bottom end torque and mid range power. The roar at WOT is cool too!! $5 3"-3" rubber coupler, $8.50 5'x3" ABS pipe(only used 1 foot) $3x2 3'ODx3"ID 90 degree elbows $2 3" toilet bowl flange(bolted the cone filter to this) $10 ABS cleaner and cement $25 AutoZone cone filter and $10 for the breater filter. Oh and $.98 for silver paint. took all of an hour to remove the stock airbox and build and install the intake. Did the homebrew cause Im planning on a shaker hood later.

T

·
0 Posts
snubzinttown said:
I got my 360 the other day. Put it in yesterday. My hose did not fit but I cut it and stuck a hard plastic pipe in to make it longer. I had a real hard time with the heard shield fitting due to interference with the AC condenser. I had to make some cuts in it to fit around it. Had trouble with the filter fit due to the cruse control cables. I got it all in it seems to be working but I don’t really notice much difference yet. All and All I wish I would have sent it back. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ted...

I have to say, installing my 360inakez was less than perfect, but for $140 I was willing to bend a little metal. The AC line was rubbing a bit, but a tug and a push, plus some foam tape, everything cleared just fine. The Cruise plunger was a bit in the way, but again, the bracket is just steel, and it bends with little effort. You could go with the drop in filter, but then no growl and too stock looking. Check mine out at http://home.nycap.rr.com/danskota/index.html

Go to the accessories page. Some of the links are broken...trying to fit too much on my free 10meg homepage.

FYI the rubber tube from the PCV system fit up just fine on my '02 4.7, but they do tell you on the web site that you may have a different setup. Just plumb your way to the 360, or put a breather on the factory hose, and plug up the 360 hole.

Last note...

Love the sound and the power gain. Not much extra off the line, but when she catches her wind, its crazy gain in HP! My opinion is that this engine likes to rev, and if you want to really smoke the tread off the line, you need to mod the rear gear to 4.10 or better and maybe play with the torque converter. 3.55 is fine for highway, but not a tow/track gear!

Dak on, brodahs! :mullet:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts