Dakota Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
10001 - 10018 of 10018 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The problem with that photo is this, RT and Sport wheels stick out from under the fenders in stock form right off the show room. Now I'm not sure if you're planning on trying to do what the photoshop picture looks like or not but you can achieve that look with spending some decent cash.

Narrower rearend, tubed the fenders some, custom shorter control arms, steering linkage, and again tubing the fenders in front.

Or you can go with the much cheaper route and buy a set of wheels with the proper offset that will allow you to tuck the fenders with a little body work (rolled fender lip). I think it was +35mm offset, virtually a FWD style wheel.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The problem with that photo is this, RT and Sport wheels stick out from under the fenders in stock form right off the show room. Now I'm not sure if you're planning on trying to do what the photoshop picture looks like or not but you can achieve that look with spending some decent cash.

Narrower rearend, tubed the fenders some, custom shorter control arms, steering linkage, and again tubing the fenders in front.

Or you can go with the much cheaper route and buy a set of wheels with the proper offset that will allow you to tuck the fenders with a little body work (rolled fender lip). I think it was +35mm offset, virtually a FWD style wheel.
yeah i know, im not actually planning to go that low, if i were i would just bag it and spend the $ the first time
probably just another inch all 'round lower, its all ready 2 all around and i need lower profile tires

·
Se habla Español.
1,424 Posts
Looks like it's still open.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Not locked yet, I changed my oil and finished putting my front end together and then drove it for the first time in a week. Then I drove to my sisters house to see my baby nephew.

·
RatBastard
874 Posts
Still not locked. I finished getting the adhesive off the passenger side door. Than I drove it all over running parts down to fix broken trucks and than picked my buddy up from the airport. He waited till we got to his house to say "I don't have any cash, can I owe you?" I hate that shit, especially when my gas light is on.

·
Jason is the name
10,481 Posts
Nice. I ummm, drove it. And loaded windows in the bed. Maybe be trading it off for a 97 Saturn
speaking of trading off... might be trading my ram for a 91 mustang 5.0 bored and stroked with gt40 heads and mild cam... shorty open headers... king cobra clutch and belive he said 3.73 rear end... im kinda excited lol

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Wanted to paint the grill on the 2000, never happened. Ordered parts Tuesday morning and I am still waiting for them. Hell I could have picked them up and been back home with the parts in the same day in about 4 hours time! Need to fill the 2000 with gas before 5am tonight.

Drove the 2003 trying to burn off the remaining quarter tank of 87 octane so I can drop $15-$20 in 93 octane for the track night next Tuesday. Got a little to go yet so I'll be driving it the next couple nights to work to do the trick. Earlier today I tested out the LSD unit to make sure both rear tires are turning, did a nice 20' burn out with posi tracks.

Had a line on a pair of MT drag radials that have about 30 miles on them for $200. Got to my buddies house and found out there not gonna work for my application. I need either 255/55/15 or 275/60/15, my buddy has a pair of 205/55/15's. Might be good for a honda civic or something but not for my dakota.

10001 - 10018 of 10018 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.