Dakota Durango Forum banner
9301 - 9320 of 9349 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
went for a drive, heard some noise coming from the passenger side...Friggin' blower motor is going out. Ordered a new one. should be here in a few days.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
found another cracked vacuum hose. It runs from the leak detection pump to the vapor canister. Gave it a little tug and it fell apart on the vapor canister end. Ordered a new one from amazon. None could be found local.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Installed the new blower motor. I didn't have to remove the dash. I found a write up explaining how to get it from behind the glove box. Only had to remove glove box, infinity amp and the 8 screws holding the cover on. Found the procedure here....

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
replaced the vacuum hose from the leak detection pump to the vapor canister with some 1/2" fuel hose.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
washed and waxed it.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Got a new code. P1494. I think the P0455 has been fixed. Spent a bit of time today replacing a couple of hoses running off the LDP.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
i got the emission code blues...P0441, P1494

·
I hate you people.
2,832 Posts
Just finished up the last of my sound system upgrades today:
Subwoofer and amp install
SiriusXM satellite radio receiver to aftermarket head unit

·
Premium Member
990 Posts

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
460 Posts
Went to change the oil on my '03 Dakota Sport yesterday. Drained the oil, and while it was dripping I went to loosen the filter.

Removed the plug in the shroud, reached up in to turn the filter, and it won't budge. Sometimes I can exert enough muscle to remove these by hand, sometimes I can't. Comes with being 60 years old I guess.

Went looking for my strap wrench, nowhere to be found. Left the damn thing up at the lake place.
What are my options? Drive a screwdriver through the filter? Done that before, not a good choice.

Scratched my head, put on my McGyver thought cap. Look around. There's my old serpentine belt hanging on the wall. I never throw anything away, now I know why.

Looped the old serp belt around the new filter to size it. Pulled it snug and wrapped tape around it to hold the position. Slipped it off the new filter and onto the old.
Took my biggest vise grips and locked it onto the taped portion, and gave it a CCW twist. Loosened right up.

Victory! File that away for future reference.

Reactions: dave2003

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport 4.7L V8
252 Posts

here’s what I did.......I took out the plastic bed liner and found huge rot. Cut old old....welded it all pretty. sanded the he bed and installed bed liner. new 5/8” rubber bed mat. Added retractable hooks in bed rails. Installed new smoked out third brake light. Daily driver so don’t need high end gear. Videos to come

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport 4.7L V8
252 Posts

here’s some pics of my stereo
2x10” subs in a Dakota plastic insulated box
Subwoofer n cap under passenger seat
Single DIN DVD/MP5 deck/GPS etc

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
460 Posts
What's the make and model of your cargo box?

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
460 Posts
9301 - 9320 of 9349 Posts