Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I contacted Grille-Tech.com because the grille kit that i bought from them last year is beginning to rust on the surface. They will not replace the kit because it has been more than 90-days. To make me happy they will offer me 50% off a new kit. This will cost me $55 dollars plus shipping for the upper and lower grilles. Is this worth it or should I just go with Street Scene or something like that. I do not want to take the current grille out to paint it becuse it is attached with zip ties and I won't be able to get it back in. So I think that I am stuck in a tough position. Should I spend the 70 bucks for the Grille-Tech or spend another hundred and get the Street Scene Grille Inserts which I think looks more pimp anyway? :cussing:

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
GOON'S D said:
So I contacted Grille-Tech.com because the grille kit that i bought from them last year is beginning to rust on the surface. They will not replace the kit because it has been more than 90-days. To make me happy they will offer me 50% off a new kit. This will cost me $55 dollars plus shipping for the upper and lower grilles. Is this worth it or should I just go with Street Scene or something like that. I do not want to take the current grille out to paint it becuse it is attached with zip ties and I won't be able to get it back in. So I think that I am stuck in a tough position. Should I spend the 70 bucks for the Grille-Tech or spend another hundred and get the Street Scene Grille Inserts which I think looks more pimp anyway? :cussing:
If you have the money, the SS grilles can't be beat. The Grille-Tech grilles are a decent grill at a cheaper price, but you get what you pay for. If you're on a smaller budget you may want to check with a local powdercoating shop, they could probably sand and coat your existing grilles silver/black/whatever for $30-40.

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can touch up the old one and sell it on Ebay to make a little money back, right? Just trying to rationalize spending the extra dough for the street scene!

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve,

Can you point me in the right direction for the Street Scene at a reasonable price?

· Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much? The rust is barely noticeable. But I notice it and it drives me crazy. New they are 120 + shipping. Shoot me a price and we may have a deal.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Goon have you checked ebay? street sene is the way to go. I may have a great deal for you. It won't be for another 2 or 3 weeks. My keystone front bumper should be in by then.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.