Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Black Knights roflmao
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this from? Found it yesterday while installing my back up lights. I found it under my aftermarket ignition box. Could it be from my stock ignition?

·
7,610 Posts
its for the under hood light lamp, i tucked mine away when i pulled the lamp out since it would half way work most of the time like it had a short

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
What are those other wires you have there? The clear speaker wire looking ones?

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
Never knew these trucks had engine compartment lights? Mine don't. Best to ask the dealership about those wires

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yup, mine has it but it's mostly useless. I'm gonna get some of those 18" cold cathode tubes for computers that run on 12v and wire them in so I can have a useful amount of light under there.

·
Black Knights roflmao
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The clear wire is for my bed lights and the speaker wire is for my back up lights. I was moving those around while doing my back up lights. They're tucked away nice now. I don't see anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The clear wire is for my bed lights and the speaker wire is for my back up lights. I was moving those around while doing my back up lights. They're tucked away nice now. I don't see anything wrong with it.
I do....It's speaker wire.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Speaker wire to run lights = bonfire.......

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think mine has that plug, and I dont have an underhood light. Its a stock 4.7 so no ignition box, was always curious what that plug was.

On a side note, 12v lights with high wattage pull alot of amps and 16 guage speaker wire isnt a great idea. I even had the fuse holder that comes with hella lights burn up on me.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Pull it out and run automotive wire, and run it in a loom, but don't use the crap fom lowes or Home Depot...If it's under the hood, it has to be rated for such.

Better safe than sorry.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts