Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Do you have any other colors on your truck?

Or are you gonna color any parts?

Like calipers or engine parts?

Make the looms that color! :biggthump

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yellow :biggthump

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
mike98rt said:
i have a black dak. what color wire loom should i go with, red , blue , or.....any other opinions?
I used to think that highlighting color with looms was a cheap and easy way to make the engine bay look better, but after using the chrome looms in my '01 R/T and seeing some other examples I've changed my mind... I used black looms in the '03 R/T and plan on re-doing the '01 R/T engine bay with black looms as well, and will only apply the highlight colors (whether it be chrome, billet, color, etc.) on the hardware brackets and engine pieces.

I like the way the '03 R/T turned out, and plan on replicating most of the look in the '01 R/T but continuing to use candy red as the highlight color.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
cleaned up my engine bay and used a bunch of yellow wire covers,lasted about 3 days looked so cheesy i tore it all off.gave it to the kid down the street for his nissan GO FIGURE!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I went with gray and it looks pimp. I plan to have the intake from 360 powder coated candy red and hopefully the valve covers too!

M

·
0 Posts
Anything other than black is totally gay. SinCity called it......nothing but black.

·
mike98rt
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sincity you got anypics of just black, i cant decide on what color, and someone on here had blue along with some billet stuff that looked really good. thanks for the advice

·
Texas
207 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
Im pretty sure no one makes carbon fiber wire loom......besides that's just too ricey. :umno:
to me the carbon fiber would make it look pimp.... but yea you do have a point about too ricey.... :sorry:

·
Registered
182 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
Im pretty sure no one makes carbon fiber wire loom......besides that's just too ricey. :umno:

Mike, whatever color you decide to get, I'd recommend you not use the cheap crap that autozone sells. Go to summitracing.com and order the good shizzle.

Why is carbon fiber "ricey"?

When I think of carbon fiber I think of Porsche GT3R's or Viper GT1's.

·
Texas
207 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
Unless I mis-read Evilsizer's post, he suggested putting carbon fiber wire loom, or wire loom that looks like carbon fiber.
just asking why not carbon fiber for an option... not really suggesting it to him to use... some people have diferent pref. It's cool :biggthump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts