Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I order decals from Glen Renzoni I have a few questions.

What color were the stock badges on a black dakota? What color do you guys think would look good on my truck?

The doors will say "Dakota 6.7 r/t" just like stock but what was on the tail gate stock? Does anyone have pics of a stock badges on an r/t tail gate?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
X2 on the silver - and the 98 R/ts' had red decals (the black R/T's did anyways)

·
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
876 Posts
Some 97's had like a reflective silver tape said DODGE 4x4, some had white, and some had black, depends on the color scheme/trim level, IMO i think the silver that he uses would be awesome

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was thinking they were red but wasn't sure. Silver it is then, was it just "5.9 R/T" on the tail gate?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have seen a few of the R/Ts with red emblems on Black. I would say go with red.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Go simple and small...if you put much on there, it's gonna start looking F-n-F.

I'd think the best route would be silver to go with the wheels and frosted headlights. Small 6.7 R/T on each door, front just above the body line and by the lower corner of the right hand taillight would be just right to me.

B

·
0 Posts
I had Glen make me some outlined decals in the reflective black instead of the solid ones on my white RT. They're there, but they're not there if you know what I mean...kind of the ghost effect.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go simple and small...if you put much on there, it's gonna start looking F-n-F.

I'd think the best route would be silver to go with the wheels and frosted headlights. Small 6.7 R/T on each door, front just above the body line and by the lower corner of the right hand taillight would be just right to me.
It might but I really want the stock badges back on it. If it looks bad no biggie, I'll just take them off and order the simpler ones like you said. Thanks for the ideal.

The right side had "5.9 R/T" and the left side had "DODGE".
Thank you!

That's stock? :jester:
I thought all r/t's came standard with a 6.7L :huh:

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Yea, I like the idea of stock style decals. I've thought about doing the same thing myself minus the "DODGE" on the tailgate.

Oh and I would say silver would be the best. They'll look good (better than stock red) but still have a stock look.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, I like the idea of stock style decals. I've thought about doing the same thing myself minus the "DODGE" on the tailgate.

Oh and I would say silver would be the best. They'll look good (better than stock red) but still have a stock look.
I was thinking about not putting the "DODGE" but if it looks bad I will just take it off.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I am going to order silver with "5.9" instead of "6.7" like I originally stated. It will cut down on questions from unknowable people asking why my truck says "6.7" when they came with "5.9". Plus when most people ask what I have done to my truck I tell them it's just a stock 360 with a hotter cam.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Ehh...I think that's kinda silly.

If someone walks by, see's the 6.7 on the door but knows that it came with a 5.9, they aren't clueless. People who do know will just smile and nod and think to themselves 'cool, that guy has a 408'.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True, but if I get spanked I won't be able to say it's just a 360. Probably sounds dumb but oh well the r/t going on the back burner anyways, Gen II's are where it's at! haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts