Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys I'm pulling my Coleman Sun Valley pop up with my Dakota...I've got a 4.7L V8 with an Airaid and a Flowmaster 40 series...before my lift and 33's, it towed great with the stock tire(29") and 3.55's..With the 33's and 3.55's it was pretty lame..it was always trying to get into OD, then downshifting at the slightest incline..so I remedied that with a swap to 4.10's with an LSD unit..I haven't towed yet with the combo but I will be this weekend end..so far the truck is holding the gear on the hills around my house where it used to shift up and down like crazy before...I'm sure it will be fine...trailer dry is about 2000 lbs or so..and the Dak handles it very well...this is a pic from our trip last week to CT..this week, we'll be heading to PA for an overnighter, then on to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Woodridge NY..

Attachments

· Registered
31 Posts
Well they were 245/70/16..what's that work out too..about a 29 or 30 inch tire..pretty lame..but with the stock rear..it towed very well...I wanted the bigger tire for looks..which got kinda expensive..bigger tires are more money, body lift to fit them, more money, now gears to get my power back..more money...so there are some days that I think that I could've saved all my money and gotten the Harley I wanted...yeah like my wife would've let that happen...lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.