Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone.

What ways have you found are the Best Ways to try and Sell your Vehicles?

I'm thinking about selling my `05 Dakota with Only 8500 Miles on it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/813977 instead of going the Trade-In route. I've decided that I want to buy a new 2010 Camaro.

Should I put an ad in the Local News Paper and see what happens?
I've thought of Parking it in a Strip Mall Parking Lot near my house but I dont know if 1 of the stores will get mad and try to have my truck towed or something crazy like that.

The dealerships only want to give me Blue-Book price on my truck.

How much do you think that I can Actually get for my Dakota if I sell it out right to someone?

Do you think that I could get $14,500 for my Dakota? It's Super Clean, No Scratches or Dings in the paint.

Any Help and Suggestions would be very much Appreciated.

Thanks Guys.
Jim

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Put an ad in the local paper, and try to get it in some high traffic areas - leaving it at the local strip mall will get it seen by a lot of people, but also leaves it vulnerable to the dreaded parking lot dings and scratches.

Definately try and sell it private - the dealer is just going to hose you anyways......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the dealer only wants to give me $8,500 for it, I told them no way, They said that it was the best they could do for me.

I've never sold a vehicle before, How hard is it to do as far as the paper work is concerned?

How much you think I could sell it for?

Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
241 Posts
Autotrader and craigslist are both good ways to get your vehicle out there. Ive personally never sold vehicles through there but i do know both are very popular and ive had friends sell their vehicles through both of them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have had best success localy.list it localy put a sign up drive it around town. paper work is a no brainer here in tx sign the title and title transfer and forget about it. btw i bought my 05 with 42000 miles for around 12,000 all stock ST 4x4 quadcab w/towing pkg

·
Let it SNOW!
4,152 Posts
For now, put for sale signs on the rear window(s) with a phone number and price. Drive it around like you normally would while still using Craigslist and whatnot. I have sold several vehicles on eBay, and bought two.

·
Rock Crawler
483 Posts
Craigslist...but be prepared for P.I.T.A. spambots and solicitors that don't respect/understand "It's NOT okay to contact this person".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys,... Thanks for your Thought's and Suggestions.

I've tried using KBB.com and at one point I only saw 2 v8's, 2 Doors, 2WD listed 1 time and that was just a few days ago, Most of the Dakota's Most of them were the 4 Door SLT Models or 4WD Trucks and most had a lot more miles on them than what I have now so it was really hard for me to guess what my vehicle could be worth.

Sometimes I think i should put the Stock tires back on it that only have less than 100 miles on them, Put the Stock hood back on and then try to sell my Shaker Hood, Wheels and SuperChip Cortex Programmer separately.

My wife told me that we still have 1 Payment left due on it at the end of this month so how does someone sell their Vehicle if they don't have the Title in their Hands yet?

Thanks again for your help guys,... You've been very helpful.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts