My Durango:
  • 4.7L
  • Superchips 87 Performance Tune
  • K&N FIPK CAI
  • NGK 2262 Plugs

Trailblazer SS:
  • 395 HP
  • All Stock

I want to put this guy at my school in his place, what are my chances? I'm thinking about getting a TB from Dwight as soon as he gets more cores, how much will that help? Would I be better to start with a roll?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
i would say not very good.:sorry:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
especially if his TBSS is the AWD model. The 4.7L V8 was only 235bhp.
There is an AWD in my subdivision - I haven't even bothered trying to line him up - that thing is pretty quick out of the hole......

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Absolutely no chance at all...

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
you:
4.7l, 235hp, 295 ft-lbs
3.55 gearing?
4900 lbs
2wd?

him:
6.0l, 390hp, 400 ft-lbs
4.10 gearing
close to 4650 in 2wd drive models, 4800 in awd

it'll be ugly for you. no chance. unfortunatly sometimes those who talk big really do have the shit to back it up. fortunatly, it doesnt exclude them from practical jokes.....

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
There is an AWD in my subdivision - I haven't even bothered trying to line him up - that thing is pretty quick out of the hole......

how fast does it get into that hole?

·
Custom User Title
1,000 Posts
About a snowballs chance in hell. I run one in my R/T a couple years back and she (yes she) got me outta the hole but I hung at her back bumper till about 90-100 when we shut it down. Put a 100 shot on it and you might not lose to bad.....

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Won't happen man. I used to drive a AWD one. They're quick. 0-60 sucks though, a ton of torque management on those things. It's a good 20-100 truck. I used to beat everyone around here with that haha.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Seriously

These 4.7 Dakotas and Durangos are nice, manly, reasonably quick trucks in stock form with a good rumble and nice potential if you really work on them, but... what in the hell kind of crack are some people smokin.

"Dude in my neighborhood has a supercharged Z06 Vette nitrous... talks trash all the time... I got a power programmer, exhaust, intake, and gears on my 4.7 DAK...how close will it be???"

Be at terms with what you have. There are guys on here who've put some real money down and can put an awful lot of shit-talkers in their place. They've gone just a TINY bit further than plugs and FIPK.

:drive:

Reactions: mthandt

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts
:sorry: bud, your only bet is Cummins 5.9 I6 swap. :jester: :stirthepo

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
Aint a chance that you would beat a tb/ss. Trust me I know. Ive raced a reg cab 6.0 silverodo from a dig I kill him because i can hook. From a roll he pulls about 1-1.5 lengths and holds it of course I have a dakota and am alot lighter then you. Mine in street trim with me in it weighs 4200lbs.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Now this would be the perfect time to prank him if you had a Police Officer friend...

·
150,XXX Miles
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmmm...looks like I have an excellent chance at getting my ass kicked, oh well. Thanks for 16 replies to the tone of the same answer!

·
Registered
252 Posts
i ran a rwd version in '08 and he got me by a little more than car length...thats before the SC 3715 and shift kit but still had the FIPK, Head work, cams and manifold/TB work as well...killed him out of the hole but the mid range he had was so surprising...but i have seen a '09 Durango run a '06 real well.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts