Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Metal Doctor
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see posts and info about 3.7, 4.7, 5.2 and 5.9 cnc ported heads, but i have never seen anything about 3.9's. did our motor just get completely forgotten about???

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Your a machinest? Do what Dwight did, figure you what works, and sell it on the site. If we can get enough 3.9 parts together to make it worth it, I might keep mine instead of swapping in a 360

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Sell ported 5.9 heads that come free with a v8 swap wiring service. :jester:

·
Registered
864 Posts
soo a 3.9L port/polish should be 25% cheaper than a v8 cnc port/polish right?? It should be almost the exact same as the 5.2 minus a cylinder but i've never seen the 5.2 magnum heads up close personally

·
Registered
668 Posts
Being a machinist, doesn't make you familiar on setup and programming of a cnc. I'm an auto machinist/builder and just finished my first semester of CNC training. Still have a good deal to learn.

·
The Metal Doctor
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am a cnc machinist/programmer, but the setup and programming is totally different. auto machinists have special fixtures and equipment just to hold heads.

plus the machine that i run is a little too big to machine heads....

·
The Metal Doctor
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but i do have access to my old shop that i used to work in. here are some pics of me machining out the center divider, cutting the runners down and boring the tb bores to 50mm. it is still not finished yet. i used to take stock tbs and actually cnc machine them into 48mm instead of just using a dremel to grind out the step and air horns producing only a 43mm tb.

here are some pics:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts