Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im hearing a lot of good things about western chassis, so im looking to get a 2/4 drop from western chassis(A-arm drop in the front and shackles and hangers out back). But i dont know :huh: where to get the parts. i know sporttruckdirect.com has the parts, but i heard bad things about there shipping. So, if anyone can tell where else i can get the parts from will help a lot.

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I personally have a Western Chassis drop on my '00 R/T. I love it. Rides better than stock in my opinion, but I certainly paid for it. And I got it from Sporttruckdirect.com. I never had any problem with their shipping. Everything showed up without any damage or delays. If you are referring to the price to ship, I definitely felt that. But the stuff did weigh a lot since I got new arms for the front, not just springs.

R

·
0 Posts
I really like the arms. Especially since they came with nice new ball joints, and we all know that story. They also have zerc fittings to make lubing the bushings a snap. I didn't put them in myself though, I wish I could have. So I can't say anything about difficulty. All in all though, even with such a drastic drop and 35 series tires in the front, it still rode better than stock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, thanks kaui56, im gonna get the 2/4 drop from sporttruckdirect.com as soon as i get the money. my dad is an auto mechanic so hopefully he can do it. But we get into any problems i'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
thats an expensive drop kit! you could drop your truck with hotchkis coils springs and leaf springs and have money left over. Let us know how it rides when you get it on and take plenty of pics :D

S

·
0 Posts
Not to mention the Hotchkis TVS system will make your truck handle like a porsche. Don't think the Western Chasis does that one.

R

·
0 Posts
Yes, that is me selling those coils. I don't understand what you are trying to say to me though.

R

·
0 Posts
SSRage: I can't testify to the TVS handling, but the Western Chassis rides far better than stock. And really, does a Dakota need to handle like a Porsche? Okay, okay, maybe it does.... :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
rt_terror said:
Yes, that is me selling those coils. I don't understand what you are trying to say to me though.

Just posted it up to help Strictly_Kaotic save some $$ and to help you out by getting rid of them for you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts