Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while finishing the rear kit -2" shackle mounts & 2"-3" hangers- installing the hangers im not sure if i installed them right, if i mixed up the sides or what like left on right and right on left, afterwards all it did was bow the leafs, the install was a PITA tryin to pull the leafs forward. this is a western chassis drop, does anyone have any pics of there hangers? :help:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The instructions tell you that there are right and left sides. I have absolutely no idea why the don't mark them but it does make a difference. It's a little difficult to see and pictures wouldn't really help. You just have to go by the description on the insturctions. I think their phone number is on the insturctions. I had a question on routing the brake cable because the instructions were not up to date or incorrect.

·
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just wanted to see if someone could take a pic of their hanger so i would know if it was on right, ill be finishin it tomorrow afternoon when i get up, problem im havin is getting the leaves to move, ive even unbolted the rear end, hit the shackles with a hammer and pryed on with a bar and wont move - i think the shop over tighted them-, the holes on the leaves are like 1/2" back from the holes in the hangers, w/ the holes on the hangers facin the front i couldnt get it to work so i swapped the hangers so the holes would face the back and with a lil force i got it on, so if you can image what i just said maybe ya can tell me if i have them on right, but to me it seems it just bowed the leaves up instead of straight. these were the adjustable 2-3" hangers so it has 3 holes

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Looking at the right side hanger, the left side should close to perpendicular with the ground as should the holes. The right side of the hanger should be angled down and to the left. That's the best I can describe it.

The bolts in the shackles are most likely rusted solid unless you have actually removed them. You definately do not want to overtighten anything. The lock nuts should be installed so that they just contact the shackles or the hanger. Squeezing the shackles or the hanger could cause metal to metal contact with the metal inside the bushings. This in turn causes most of the squeaking problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.