Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Once again, I'm having a major problem with the service manager at the dealership. All I wanted to know from them was what the "asc" button on the sunroof control panel was for. The answer I got from them was "the sunroof is aftermarket, so we can't tell you". I'll say this, IF it truly is aftermarket, someone did a GREAT job installing it. Even the controls look standard. There are no stickers anywhere on the sunroof, or the cover piece.

If anyone has a picture of a stock one, if they were even offered, please post.

Also, if anyone knows of somewhere other than a dealership to run a VIN to get specific information on components, please post. Thanks!

Amy

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
MikeNAmyS said:
Hi all! Once again, I'm having a major problem with the service manager at the dealership. All I wanted to know from them was what the "asc" button on the sunroof control panel was for. The answer I got from them was "the sunroof is aftermarket, so we can't tell you". I'll say this, IF it truly is aftermarket, someone did a GREAT job installing it. Even the controls look standard. There are no stickers anywhere on the sunroof, or the cover piece.

If anyone has a picture of a stock one, if they were even offered, please post.

Also, if anyone knows of somewhere other than a dealership to run a VIN to get specific information on components, please post. Thanks!

Amy
I'm don't think Sunroofs were ever optional equipment directly from the factory, because they seem to be extremely rare. I've been doing a lot of research into sunroofs for my own truck and it looks like everyone who has one (at least in a Dakota) had it installed after it left the factory. Dealerships add sunroofs to vehicles frequently, because they can really mark up the parts/labor involved.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ok, on a 92 Toy the ASC button when activated will keep the sunroof from automatically closing when the car is shut off!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sunroofs were not optional on Gen 1 Durangos. I know a few and a number on-line who have added one. Sunroofs are optional on Gen 2 Durangos.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So where do you get ahold of an aftermarket sunroof? Also would it work ona regular cab? I need more air in my cabin. My first car (impreza) had one and i think it be pimp on the Dak

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
BuyMyDak said:
So where do you get ahold of an aftermarket sunroof? Also would it work ona regular cab? I need more air in my cabin. My first car (impreza) had one and i think it be pimp on the Dak
I found a local installer in the phone book under Automobile Sunroofs

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys. At least we finally know what that darn little "asc" button is for. That's been driving me insane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts