Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well in my quest for MT's for my american racing rims, ive found a set of Mastercraft Courser AT 2's for winter on my stock rims, LT285/75R16's brand new with the stickers still on them, the guy wants $350. that sounds like a stupid good deal to me! anyone got any input on these tires?

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
i think 99daksport5.2 has a set of master craft.. if they are the same has his thye last FOREVER and look fucking awsome.. everytime i see them i get jealous.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i got em. the guy at dunn tire was like oh, we sell these... but how much did you pay for them???? (thinkin he was gonna out do me) he about shit himself when i told him $325 :) he priced me $699 for the same tires when we got inside. $75 bucks later for mount and balance and here we go:

(sorry bout the nasty truck... gotta love NY winters) and yes, the blue stuff has to come off yet. i would have wesleys'd them but our hoses are frozen outside.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Mastercraft is made by Cooper. I think you'll be pleased with the tires...I've always like Coopers products.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and i just sold the cheap co-op tires that were on my truck for $200... so basically the mastercrafts cost me $125 :mullet:

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
damn man, im actually shocked, for at those things, look good on your truck, congrant on the great find

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn man, im actually shocked, for at those things, look good on your truck, congrant on the great find
thanks. theyre gonna be my winter tires. i got american racing pythons coming up from virginia presidents day weekend and im still gettin an MT for those. i checked on those KL71 road ventures, installed with a warranty at dunn tire they get like 190 per tire. so thats way better than i thought.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Looks good, I have always been happy with cooper tires. Good deal too, way cheaper than any Ive ever bought.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good, I have always been happy with cooper tires. Good deal too, way cheaper than any Ive ever bought.
thanks. and yeah, i was impressed with the deal to begin with. then to get 200 bucks 45 minutes after puttin the old tires on craigslist... cant ask for much more than that! cant wait for my MT's this spring!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Il throw a little insight at ya on these tires. The original Mastercraft courser A/T was a good tire, but they cupped very bad and they wore out fairly fast. This went on for years, and everyone bitched about it. So a few years ago they designed this tire, which is 100 times better. The originals had uniform design, but they were VERY blocky, causing the cupping which resulted in the rapid tire wear. The AT2s are just as aggressive, but they are less blocky, and have a solid center bar which helps alot when the tires to start to cup. It relieves pressure off of the cupped bars, which slows down the tire wear. The AT2s also have rain/snow snipes, which help in snow and rainy conditions. All around the AT2 is a great tire.

By the way Jarhead, if you were refering to me as 99daksport5.2 I got the Dayton Timberlane MTs, in which they do last forever lolol..

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, sounds good to me! just on the drive home from the tire shop i could feel a world of difference. im drivin around in 4 wheel drive alot because there is basically 3 inches of snow on every road in western new york right now, and with the old tires i would spin all over the place even in 4wd. but with these tires, man what a difference! and for what i paid for them, they could wear out in 10k miles and i still wouldnt be out any money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great Choice!!!

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
I had the original coursers on my truck and hated them. they had no traction what so ever. in rain was constantly spinning. Yes they wore out fast. Hope the second version is a lot better. I for one wont buy mastercraft again. i have firestone destination A/T now and a year later still look new and traction 100 times better.

cant beat the price though thats a hell of a deal. for that price i would have to pick them up :jester:

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
what, is cupping of a tire...

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what, is cupping of a tire...
from what i understand, its when a tire actually "bounces" on the road, causing certain spots to wear around the tire surface faster than others. if you were to rub your hand around the diameter of the tire, it would feel bumpy. the easiest way to describe it would be to compare it to waves in a body of water as they come in to shore; high spot (wave), low spot (between waves), high spot, low spot... all the way around the tire, the low spots being referred to as "cups".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts