Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I bought myself that flame red 2003 RC R/T tonight. It's been fun to drive and I plan on enjoying it for as long as I can. Def. gonna be putting some mods on it. I'll have pics of it tomorrow or saturday. :mullet:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Still have the previous truck or did you use that as a trade in?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sweet. Welcome to the r/tard club:D

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Sweet. Welcome to the r/tard club:D
LOL!

I wanted an R/T and still kind of do but since I bought my '03 with the 4.7L V8 that urge to wanting an R/T has subsided almost completely.

·
Texas, Pffffft
14,793 Posts
As the title says I bought myself that flame red 2003 RC R/T tonight. It's been fun to drive and I plan on enjoying it for as long as I can. Def. gonna be putting some mods on it. I'll have pics of it tomorrow or saturday. :mullet:
HOLY SHIT MATT!!! Lol. Soo, whatcha doing with the 4.7?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I still do have the 4.7 dakota guys. I plan on keeping it for now. I have to take the grey one into an exhaust shop tomorrow to fix the tailpipes and mufflers. Otherwise not much is gonna happen with the r/t for now.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yes it was. They came down on price.
Better have came down to at least $5000. Owning 2 Dakotas can be a hand full and you will feel like your driving 1 more then the other.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No they didn't come down that much. But I'll have fun with both trucks.......for now. The red one is gonna only be out a couple more days. Then hibernation.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Have fun with it but don't get caught, especially with it being "arrest me red". Lol

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Have fun with it but don't get caught, especially with it being "arrest me red". Lol
I've had 3 red vehicles and everyone always says that I must get pulled over an aweful lot. I only been pulled over maybe 4 times. Once for no rear bumper and missing tag due to an earlier rear end accident which destroyed the tag, once for driving at night without head lights just fog lights (never even realized the head lights weren't on), once for speeding (80 in a 30 zone, running late for work), and once for loud audio after 10PM. All my fault violations.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pics of the truck are up in the photo/videos section.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4,364 Posts
I've had 3 red vehicles and everyone always says that I must get pulled over an aweful lot. I only been pulled over maybe 4 times. Once for no rear bumper and missing tag due to an earlier rear end accident which destroyed the tag, once for driving at night without head lights just fog lights (never even realized the head lights weren't on), once for speeding (80 in a 30 zone, running late for work), and once for loud audio after 10PM. All my fault violations.
I got to ask. How did that 80 in a 30 situation turn out for you?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I got to ask. How did that 80 in a 30 situation turn out for you?
Not so well. I don't even know where the cop was sitting at because he came out of nowhere. Said he had to travel 5 miles before he could catch up. It eventually resulted in jail holding cell until someone could bail me out. My lawyer was able to get me on 6 month probation and slightly lower ticket cost. The most I've been over the speed limit since has been 20 over and only on the highway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts