1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U0001
U0141
U1113

I remember seeing codes as a sticky but can't seem to find it now. But these codes are weird as hell every code decoder site I know of says not in database so idk, i do know that my cluster needs to be replaced and will be doing that pretty soon. It's all twacked out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So basically it's just telling me to replace my cluster? That's what I thought but still wanted to make sure. Thank you.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have you cleared the codes? Sometimes you'll get codes that go away after they're cleared. Also a weak battery will do some weird things to these trucks, have it checked. Swapping the cluster is a pretty simple job, but you'll have to have the cluster programmed with your mileage after it's installed as the mileage shown will be that of the previous vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you cleared the codes? Sometimes you'll get codes that go away after they're cleared. Also a weak battery will do some weird things to these trucks, have it checked. Swapping the cluster is a pretty simple job, but you'll have to have the cluster programmed with your mileage after it's installed as the mileage shown will be that of the previous vehicle.
Well I finally decided to fix my truck, if I pull the cluster it will run with the new one in it?

When I called dodge about programming the mileage they said that they aren't capable of doing that....did he not know what he was talking about?

·
Registered
394 Posts
After changing the instrument cluster, your truck will start up and run as it did before. The mileage shown on the newly installed (used) instrument cluster will be the mileage from the vehicle that the cluster came from. Your truck keeps mileage accumulated in two places, in the PCM and the instrument cluster. If you plan on ever selling your truck, the mileage shown will not be correct, and that's a crime, Odometer Fraud. I guess it's not as simple as rolling into the dealership and saying 'Change my mileage shown please'.

Now I assume you've cleared the codes. and they have returned again?
A new cluster is a possibility of being the cause, but it could also be a wiring or other issue. And check every fuse in your truck, EVERY one.

I've read how some forum members have replaced their cluster, the right way is to buy one from the dealer parts department. The process was like this:

• Go to the dealership, have a parts or service rep record and verify the mileage shown and VIN.
  • Then they order the cluster (takes about a week to get) and it arrives pre-programmed with the mileage and options.
  • Pick up new cluster and change it out. (One guy changed it right in the parking lot of the dealership and returned the old one.)
  • Return your cluster for a return of a Core Charge for the your old cluster, which gets rebuilt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts