Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, aside from seeing Star Wars 3 times this weekend, I did manage to get some work done on my truck. The weather had been bass ackwards here in Michigan so finding some nice time to take some time and wash my truck was getting hard to do. But I was able to snap some nice pictures of my baby dazzling in the rare Michigan sunlight.

Then, right after lunch.. the FedEX man dropped off something that I've been very hesitant on getting... and finally after purchasing it.. I am very happy with how it turned out.

But, as every other Dakota owner has said.. it needed some tweeking to make it work. As did mine...

Ever since last summer when some A--hole decided to start peeling off my Dakota stickers off of my tailgate for me, I have had a debadged truck. But.. I enjoy having some stickers / emblems on the truck. It helps them stand out. so with an idea taken off of Cilrah's truck... I decided to re-badge my truck.

So, I went to the stealership... and got some supplies.

Now, I didn't care for on the 2005 Dak's that they used a runner that connected all the letters of "Dakota" together.. So I got out my trusty dremel, and went to town.

Now.. myself.. I hate being an engineer... because everything has to be perfect.. otherwise it will sit in the back of my mind saying.. "You didn't do this right" I was measuring the spacing, the centering, and even the letter gaps. I don't know whats wrong with me in that aspect... but I soon found a nice offset was a nice look for the new set of emblems

I had finished it right as it was getting too dark to work.. but all the effort into the centering was just right!

So, the weekend was great for me... and I just love the feeling of all the work resulting in being proud of what you drive and having others look in admiration...

Now.. I've got to make a new signature... *sigh*

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Well i guess with that plate you would have to go see the movie...lol :joke: just messing with ya man.. and the lower billet looks awesome man I have my old one at my buddys dads house back in Tucson he was suppose to weld some of it back together for me.. but dont' need that any more...lol and the badges look tight man nice job... :biggthump

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DakotaLivLrg said:
Well i guess with that plate you would have to go see the movie...lol :joke: just messing with ya man.. and the lower billet looks awesome man I have my old one at my buddys dads house back in Tucson he was suppose to weld some of it back together for me.. but dont' need that any more...lol and the badges look tight man nice job... :biggthump

Yes, with that plate you know I had to!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Weekend Work

Let me say for the record here, you get 4 Stars **** from me ! KC Rage 49 (They allways look 110% better after they have been washed) . It uselly takes me at least 4 hours to clean my 96 DODGE DAKOTA top to bottom and detailing it myself. Just been a lot of crappy weather rain on top of rain this way in Baton Rouge ,La Don't like to drive around in a dirty truck BUMMER .OH well , try to get it clean sometime this week if weather holds out.

Later Dude
Joe Cool

96 DODGE DAKOTA \GROUND EFFECTS, limo tinted slider glass, vent visors
MAGMUM POWERED

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Joe... we've finally had a nice weekend full of sunny skies.... now my damn G/f has my digital camera so I can't take any pictures...

I'm really glad I re-badged my truck.. its different, and I love the looks I get from other Dakota owners.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kc_Rage_49 said:
Thanks Joe... we've finally had a nice weekend full of sunny skies.... now my damn G/f has my digital camera so I can't take any pictures...

I'm really glad I re-badged my truck.. its different, and I love the looks I get from other Dakota owners.
Well my customizing is SLOW. I mean REALLY SLOW..... Vent Visors on both doors and back slider glass ,flame matts inside and beadliner . Gonna try see if I can get some seat covers ( Flames) for the bucket seats at the local auto parts house here. wish me good luck !

Later
Joe Cool :drive:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts