Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The featured truck option on the main page has been in operation for a very long time, but has traditionally been randomly updated when I tinker with the site and was pulled at random (mostly in order of submission to the website) from the owner profiles section.

I'd like to start using user feedback as the key to choosing the featured truck on the main page. You do not need to have an owner profile in order to get posted (though it probably wouldn't hurt since people will see it often!), merely submitting pictures of your truck in the Photos section will suffice. Every couple of weeks or perhaps once a month people can choose who will be posted next!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sounds Cool ...Alot of nice trucks here to keep us Drooling ...

RICK

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam said:
cool so we are going to have a TOM on here!!
The site has had a "TOM" for nearly 2 years, but I chose them at random instead of the users... I figured people might want some more direct feedback on who is on the front page.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
So whos gonna be the leader ?

~CYCLONE_06

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
If he keeps it random, it will only benefit the people he has been featuring. If he does the TOM, then we get to decide, kinda like Dakusa.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CYCLONE_06 said:
If he keeps it random, it will only benefit the people he has been featuring. If he does the TOM, then we get to decide, kinda like Dakusa.

~CYCLONE_06
You make the old system sound so sinister :jester2: :spank:

All I used to do was choose the next entry in the owner profiles (in order of submission) as the next featured truck, nothing more complex than that :p

I do think people will have more fun with a submitted system instead.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
LOL, sorry, I didnt mean to make it sound sinister, just that it was kinda bland, because you only have so many profiles and trucks to choose from. That, and no one really mentioned a Truck of the Month voting system here before. I think if you let us decide, it will be more interesting, but I dont think you should make it as complex as Dakotausa. I guess like every month, instead of making us submit nominations and all that, just post one thread, where people can respond with their vote and a reason why they picked that person. Whoever gets mentioned the most, wins, unless you decide otherwise for whatever reason Steve. Kinda like a Judge and a Jury. We (the jury), would throw our opinions out, and then if you agree, make them the TOM. If you dont agree, then you decide the final TOM. The only rule would have to be that if there is one or two or three (you would have to decide how many top contestants there can be), they cant nominate themselves, and it would be evident through the threads whether they do or not.

Follow me ?

~CYCLONE_06

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Decision ?

So, anything new with this discussion, or have you decided to leave it random ?

~CYCLONE_06

S

·
0 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
whew... it's still random. I thought I was getting ripped because I don't have a nice truck :huh:

Paul
Whatchu talkin bout Paul?! Yours is nicer than mine! You got rims and all your colors match.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Hey Paul, nominations are going on in the Featured truck section, about the April Truck of the Month.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 17 of 17 Posts