Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The DAKOTANUT
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I'm looking for some weather striping that goes on the passenger door front. It keeps coming off and everything I've found isn't working to keep it on. Is this dealer item or specialty place? Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I'm looking for some weather striping that goes on the passenger door front. It keeps coming off and everything I've found isn't working to keep it on. Is this dealer item or specialty place? Thanks.
Get yourself a tube of 3M Emblem Adhesive and it'll stay put!!

·
The DAKOTANUT
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. It won't stay put. That is why I'm looking for a new piece. When the door gets closed the thing sticks inside the cab. Looks like ass. I know it has some reason for it's existence. So I don't want to just pull it off and leave it off. Superglue didn't even hold it on. Not even liquid cement. Show glue or anything. If I could weld it on I would but it would probably not hold on.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
JC Whitney and the 3M sealant.

hit the sheet metal tab with the red scotch bright to rough up the surface and clean with windex after scuffing then when dry apply sealant and weather stripping, it should stay after that.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
JC Whitney and the 3M sealant.

hit the sheet metal tab with the red scotch bright to rough up the surface and clean with windex after scuffing then when dry apply sealant and weather stripping, it should stay after that.

dont clean with windex. use rubbing alcohol or something like that. windex will make it like greasy kinda

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
what weatherstripping are you talking about? i might have it. are you talking about the piece that goes around the entire door?

·
The DAKOTANUT
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No. I'm talking about the piece that goes on the front of the back door itself. Would be the passenger door, front. Not on the cab or the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts