Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up my passenger side carpet today to look for some wiring and the floor was soaked. The padding was saturated... not thru the carpet though. It was clean water, not coolant.
I pulled back the sound deadening material up on the fire wall and that did not seem wet.
Wetness did not extend up the trans hump nor passed the front seat hump.
Weird thing is that the layer of padding from just below the carpet to just above the floor is the area that's soaked... frozen right now in areas...
I did have the interior detailed quite a while ago and the carpet came back soaked... I think from how they cleaned the mat, but since then I put one of those plastic liners over the carpet... it wouldn't still be holding water from that long ago would it?

I though about the A/C drain tube but I'm not sure where that's located... Pics anyone?

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... I should have searched a bit more b4 posting...

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the part number for the fix... Caravan PN# 5264688

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumping for more info... I dried it all out and added the tube from the referenced post.
Truck sat in garage for a week. Drove it the last 3 days... went to check for water and carpet is frozen to floor... well the padding is. I've never seen any moisture on the carpet itself.Obliviously water is coming from someplace... ideas? Unless I never got it 100% dry the 1st time.
Pulling entire interior out will really suck.

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After thinking about it... how much water would be produced from the defrosters running? I know running the defroster also runs the A/C to pull humidity out of air... but in only a few days how much water would be pulled?
And if it was from the dehumidifying effect would it freeze up that quick? It's below freezing here, but the car was completely warm only a few hours ago...
I'm thinking the padding may not have been completely dry even though it felt pretty dry from the outside layer....
I might need to get windshield tested for leaks... there's a company that can "pressurize" the cab some how to find leaks...
Need to pull up carpet and drive it w/o the carpet for a while too I guess...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts