Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not in the Dakota, but in the Wrangler. Some one pulled out in front of me. How bad does it look? The fender is pushed into the body about 2" bit both door open and close with no problems and no difference in body gaps.. The rad. shroud just barley touches the fan and there are no leaks. The wheels look to still be aligned, but I want that checked out real good. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Doesn't look too bad, but when you look at all the body parts damaged, I start seeing $$$.

The radiator if not leaking should have no issues at all. Make sure to check the mounting to see if anything else was damaged.

Other than that, you obviously have some fender/grill/bumper damage. I would mostly be worried about suspension components, alignment, wheels and brake components.

Keep every receipt, log your hours and make sure to get a second opinion from any shop that you might disagree with.

A journal is something insurance companies can't ignore. Documentation is everything for you now. Keep us updated.

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
You ok?

Have the frame checked. If its straight then that doesn't look all that bad.

·
Scrapin the Coast
715 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. As long as nothing is leaking and drives good it should be ok.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
It looks like the right front frame horn is bent. Tire doesn't look right, probably just the angle of the pic.

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
Glad you are okay, fuck the jeep whatever is wrong with it can be fixed which does not seem to be much. I say $2500. anyone else?

·
No habla jibber jabber
6,585 Posts
well i had similar damage to my old wrangler when a fence jumped out in front of my except no hood damage and insurance said cost around 1700 to fix fender and grill support with paint and all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just settled with the the other persons insurance company. The other person in the accident was at fault so their insurance company took complete liability and had to pay for everything. Rental car, storage for my Jeep till they looked at it and a nice check after they totaled it.
Kelly Blue book for my 01 Wrangle Sport was just a tad over $9000. 126000 miles on it and in good everyday driver condition with no dents or rust.
Check from the insurance company........$10679.08 and that's just for the Jeep. The rental and storage is already taken care of.
Well here's a picture of whats replacing it. What do you think? It's an 03 one owner that has been garaged kept it's whole like. Full maintenance records and in unbelievable condition. Both hard and soft tops. After the insurance check and $500 out of pocket and it's mine.:mullet: I still have the 98 Dakota and love them both!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Wow, glad to hear you're ok. Looks like a nice potential replacement though.

·
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
876 Posts
Great looking ride man, nice replacement!, MMMM always liked the Wranglers, can't wait to pick one up after i'm making a decent paycheck after college!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts