Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got a complete Hotchkis TVS with Blisten shocks and I currently have 8 year/80,000 mile powertrain warranty with about 30,000 miles left I had my R/T at the dealership for a transmission check & my dad was talking too dickhead work service manager and he told him what I had planned for my R/T including the hotchkis drop & 20's R/T wheel upgrade and In turn, (WSM) mentioned horror stories about how ppl had different aftermarket mods done to ther vehicles & HOW IT MAY VOID my warranty!!!!!!(I know what your thinking my dads a complete idiot??? & he is....)He works at the dealership by the way(car hauler) & I already have mbrp aftermarket exhaust system installed plus, a mopar pcm which I've been told by the mechanic that works on my truck would void my warranty but the exact oppsite buy the service contracts surpervisior who's a old friend of the family. What I wanna know is will the mere installaion of aftermarket part or performance part from the manufactor themselves void a warranty if they cannot prove its the cause of problem & if so can anybody give me any tips on how avoid having problems with my hotchkis kit besides having it installed correctly??????? because after what I just paid for my hotchkis kit & blisten tuned shocks I'm certainly not gonna let the kit sit my garage until 2008 or till my 30,000 miles up. I just received the entire kit febuary this year & assuming the hotchkis warranty is only for year if that much, if a part is defective or if its breaks I asked sales rep before I purchased but I can't remember the exact time period to make claims so I'm in rush to get it installed make sure everythings working correctly.

Any solutions, comments, or answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated Thanks!!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
You are covered by the Moss-Magnussen Act that states that a warranty cannot be voided just because aftermarket parts are installed. They have to prove that the aftermarket part was the original cause of the failure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This Moss-Magnusson act -- is that national policy? I will have to do a search and read up on it. I have the Hotchkis kit on my Dakota (and love it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts