Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '03 Dakota 3.9 4x4 automatic.Got the truck last Memorialday.Had 25k,ran like a dog(10 mpg) dealer told me no warranty.Had the injectors cleaned by a certified mechanic.(out of pocket)Truck seams to run so much better and more power.Now the truck gets 6-8 mpg.Had mechanic check it out to see why(out of pocket),also contacted local dealer for recall,sujestions,ect.My mechanic said nothing wrong,dealer said 11 mpg on a good day.Is there a way to check all 4 c-o2 sensors without a special machine.Now the truck has 29.5k.Is the 3 years 36k miles not transfered to me or what.I drive the interstate at 60mph.Have drove for over 30years( like an old man) I guess I've not had a good day.Have drove dodge trucks for ever.Thanks so much for any and all HELP

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would think you still have the warrenty. Take it to a dealer and tell them its still under the 3/36 warranty and to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
As long as the truck has a clean title and is not modded to all hell, then yes it should be under the 3/36. Go to a diffrent dealership.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i also have a 03 dakota 3.9 ,and it has 33,700 miles on it.and still under waranty. i need to get my injectors cleaned as well this falls under the 30,000mile maintance service. and is not covered under the waranty.

we have to pay that out of our pockets:{ my truck is running sluggish and the service guy told me the injectors were dirty ,so i have to bring it in to have them clean em , and hope i get some good power from the truck after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.