Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Dakota SLT. I do alot of freeway driving. The brake rotors warp within 4 or 5 months. I've tried replacing them and turning them with no improvement in rotor life. Anyone out there have any experience in finding a good rotor or other solution to this problem? Thanks!

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
are your rear brakes adjusted right. the rears might not be engauging right and making your front do all of the work.

·
Registered
744 Posts
olsarge said:
Are you torqueing the wheels with a torque wrench? Too tight on the lug nuts will cause warping.
Yeah what he said. I tighten mine 90 ft. lbs. max, no problem with warping going on 10k miles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggetions!

I'll double check the torque and also check the rear adjustment. I'll look into the stainless steel rotors too! Thanks for the suggestions!
Phil

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
ww.prostop.com try these out. cross drill, or sloted, either one is great. i have those on the front and the ssbc ones on the back. yes i bought the conversion kit, i like it too. no problems at all so far for me with the waroing issue. i would also upgrade the back shoes too. make sure the adjustment star is working the way it should.

·
Registered
22 Posts
after resurfacing your rotors, get a quality set of pads. shitty pads chew up rotors. get some performance friction carbon metallics, or some Hawk pads.

pads are the biggest player in braking. not rotors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.