Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...so I'd like to find a steel cowl induction hood for my 02 Dakota - will work nicely with my new 440 :) . As far as I know, the Reflexxions hoods (#701840) were the only ones available and are now discontinued. So, this is a feeler out there to the Dakota-Durango congregation - if'n anyone happens to have one they no longer need/want please send me a ping, and if the price is right maybe arrangements can be made to get it to me here in Colorado.

Here's the hood -

Thanks much,
- Sam

Reactions: TLAC

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep I did see those - I got a bit excited about them, but I talked with the mfg and apparently those sweet looking hoods only just 'look' cool - the cowl is not actually functional - IOW the bottom side is 'flat' - no actual 'cowl', just a raise non-functional 'bump' - not awesome.

I did find a source for the steel hoods - 3rd Strike Performance (link below), but after shipping these things are upwards of $900...which is kinda spendy for a "hood". Still...in my world of slow-speed heat-collective rock-crawling...well my engine/chassis might genuinely benefit from having a large 'vent' at the back of the hood...but I'll have to save up a few pennies before pulling that trigger. Maybe I can rally some of the other Dakota or Durango owners on the various other forums to see if I can organize a 'group buy' - might have to see if there's interest and if 3rd Strike Performance would be hip to a group buy...hmmmm 🤔

·
Registered
174 Posts
AAHH your right after looking through the rest of there pics I see what you mean.
Although it could be cut /modified/rewelded
BUT EEHHH how much extra work plus initial cost is it really worth?
Bad enough it will need to be painted to match to begin with LOL

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fortunately I'm painting my Dak Air Force 'Strata' Blue, with a brush and roller, so painting a hood is no problemo :) . I'm scouring the ads looking for a used one - might get lucky

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scored a hood! Mods, please delete this thread.

- Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts